E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIIIxs Frequency Response Issue

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:51:22 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII XP Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EIIIxs Frequency Response Issue
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EIIIxs Frequency Response Issue  (Read 4462 times)
Jim Stout

« on: August 28, 2016, 09:26:43 AM »

fixed

« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 10:22:27 AM by Jim Stout » Logged
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 01:55:50 PM »

Hi, one thing I can think of : every E-Mu has its own filter adjustments. This is on the hard disk. Therefore, if you start a machine with a system disk on a disquette and transfer it to your EIII if you are doing an upgrade, you will also transfer the filter adjustments wich are this disquette, adjustments wich may have nothing in common with your machine.
To upgrade correctly an EIII, you must start your machine with your own resident hard disk and then, upgrade your system by copying the system software from the disquette to your hard disk, without erasing the filter adjustments.
I don't say its your fault, the goof have may been done before this machine came to your hands.
So, you must find a UST (Universal Sound Test" disquette and perform the correct adjustments on every EIII you have got. Once you have aligned you EIII, format a disquette, note on its sticker the serial number of your machine (and as well the system version), make a second disquette, a third and a fourth one !
Jim Stout

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 03:41:59 PM »

Hey Dr. c

Read the article I posted as well.   This seems to be a known issue with some EIIIx's. It says there is a capacitor that needs to be changed out so it works properly.  Does that ring any bells?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 06:34:18 AM by Jim Stout » Logged
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 02:57:29 PM »

Oups... Seemes like I answered too fast. I saw a pic of the EIIIXs wich has nothing to do with the EIII XP !
Yep, the XP is the last machine I went thru when I changed my activity, going to hard disks (Micropolis) then a newspaper, then Fairlight.
Won't ring a bell, sorry about the confusion ! Embarrassed
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIIIxs Frequency Response Issue

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines