E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - midi & outputs issues

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:29:14 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  midi & outputs issues
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: midi & outputs issues  (Read 3693 times)
mrmc

« on: March 07, 2008, 04:36:38 AM »

Hi there,

I own a quite problematic EIII keyboard.  Two problems:

- the output level is very low, distorted and lot of hum and I can hear the hard disk activity in my headphones . Sampling function works correctly, I've cleaned the ram socket following dvdborn's advises but it doesn't change anything.

Second problem is that the keyboard doesn't work. It responds to pressure but no note on/note off. However it responds to my external midi keyboard. I can't understand.

If someone could help me I would be VERY grateful...

dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 05:03:41 AM »

Hi mrmc,

Do the 16 individual outputs also have a very low distorted output?

If not, then you're sure that the voice boards are not faulty and that the problem will be located at the point where all 16 voices are mixed to 2 outputs (stereo). I don't have a clue which part is responsible for the mix down of the individual voices.

Since you're hearing the hard disk activity at the output it might also be an internal grounding problem.

I have no clue why the keyboard isn't working.

David

brian_ronn

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 12:40:36 PM »

Hi Mrmc

Try to pull out the voice board from the upright motherboard and clean the connector with f.ex. an eraser rubber. I saw some technicians perform that way, when my EIII had very distorted and metalic sounding outputs. This made my EIII sound perfectly hereafter.

I hope this'll help you  Smiley

Best regards

Brian
Denmark
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - midi & outputs issues

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines