E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Have a non-tested EII on its way...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:17:31 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Have a non-tested EII on its way...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Have a non-tested EII on its way...  (Read 2382 times)
80sboy

« on: October 06, 2016, 07:56:56 PM »

Yeah, my wife's all ready going to kill me come monday, so please no flack... : )

Ok - EII - guy could not get what disks he had to boot up, but it powers up, all ready ordered a new display...I will take the HxC out of my DPX-1 to eliminate the floppy drives.

Things to test right away? Open her up and test the voltages from the power supply seems like the first step. It's missing 2 keys and they have been ordered. Its been re-painted (the wrong color, not bad, but wrong) and eventually I will set that straight. But in the meantime this will be the 3rd time I have bought and owned an EII...yeah.. this one will be a keeper as long as its working...got it for a decent price. Not amazing but not bad....

Ugh time to re-arrange the desk....couldn't help myself..missed having an EII...and an Emax1 rack, while very nice is just not quite the same.
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 02:54:03 AM »

I had a guy, while I was the entitled E-Mu tech manager in France, who didn't want to wait for the release of the E-Max II in its expander version and bought the keyboard version.
Then he went to a hardware store he was working in, and cut in three pieces, using the big circular saw for wood, the most important piece being the 21" center of the mechine, with the display and the knobs, to have it in rack-mode.
But then , he realized that he had the mains input on another piece, and the in-outs, MIDI, etc, on the last one.

Yes...

He came back to me with his friends, each one carrying a piece, asking me if I could do something, he had litterally made slices out of his machine !
He has cut everything : front panel, backside, and all the circuits inside, like a mortadella !

I sent the machine in Santa-Cruz for their museum.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 11:01:26 AM by dr.c » Logged
80sboy

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 11:00:29 PM »

Update - received the EII - box had a big gash at one end - seemed ok, but when I opened it up half the keys were smashed off  Angry

I dont understand people who think one layer of bubble wrap, and some styrofoam peanuts at one end of the single layer cardboard box is enough for an 80 pound synth... Huh

So - this was yesterday - after filing a claim, I took a minute to open it up, clean out the broken keys, account for all the missing springs - and see what happened when I fired it up - lo and behold, it powered on...even more remarkably, the drives worked and booted a disk! AND full audio - all 8 voices...

Its an early EII with an RS422 upgrade installed.

I found a Kawai K1 in a locally today for 100$ - spent a few hours basically swapping EVERY key over - replaced bad bushings, cleaned the keys as I transferred them, and had a beautiful looking keybed in a few hours...

Took an HxC out of my DPX1, made up a new cable - and installed everything. JB Welded a broken mounting hole on the bottom, glued a crack on the side and buttoned it all back up...everything works great and the keybed is a joy to play now. The claim covers up to 70% of the cost, so I'm filing to make sure I get a big chunk of this paid for - if I couldnt do the work myself it would not have been worth keeping, as it is now, I've got quite a few hours into fixing this, and I still need to put a new display in it, and POSSIBLY take it to a body shop and have a fe chips fixed and resprayed...but for now, I have an EII in my life again...time to put my Emax 1 rack up for sale, this EII's a keeper...

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 04:57:29 AM »

Nice!

Congratulations it's working!

My EII completely crashed down a whack keyboard stand once, and it still DID fully work afterwards... Crazy machine - so fragile yet so robust...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Have a non-tested EII on its way...

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines