E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emax II hard drive installation

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:05:47 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Emax II Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Emax II hard drive installation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Emax II hard drive installation  (Read 5167 times)
xuulan
« on: November 28, 2016, 01:00:03 PM »

I'm installing a SCSI2SD drive in an Emax II that previously had no hard drive installed (that I'm aware of).

Two issues:

1. What is the orientation of the SCSI cable on the motherboard? Pin 1 isn't marked on my machine.

2. Does the power come from the 'extra' pins on the floppy connector (like on the EIIIxp) or is there a cable directly from the HD to the unused 4-pin connector on the PSU?

I actually installed a hard drive in an Emax II years ago (in 1991) but it's been so long that I've forgotten how I did it!
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 01:37:26 PM »

Do you know a site named "Google" ?
Chevytraveller

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 11:28:51 PM »

The SCSI2SD card I believe can be powered from the floppy cable as is doesn't require as much power as a normal HD..
usually the should be a molex power included in the loom (even on non-floppy models)

Are you sure there is no pin 1 marked?.. it has been on all the machines I have seen

Do you have pictures?..

Soft: MBP 15", X-Station, Logic X, U-He Diva, Camel Alchemy,
Hard: MPC1K, Emax I, Emax II, Emulator II, E-Synth, Waldorf Q, AS Telemark, AS Leipzig-SK, AS Vostok, Oberheim TVS-1, Roland Promars,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emax II hard drive installation

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines