E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - ultimate tip: standart pc floppy drive on an eIII?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:45:41 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  ultimate tip: standart pc floppy drive on an eIII?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: ultimate tip: standart pc floppy drive on an eIII?  (Read 2054 times)
eddyemma

« on: June 12, 2009, 03:50:46 PM »

Hi again! I have fixed many samplers in the past and here is what i did:

worked on :
-prophet 2000/2002/studio 440
-emax1 (kb/rack)
-emax2 kb/rack)

I put a standart pc floppy drive instead of the old one. All i had to modify is the floppy flat wire : i had to to twist the wires from 10 to 18 (10 and 18 included) (red wire considered as wire 1). It's not very easy : you have to put the connector of, cut and twist the wires (10 to 18) and then reseat the connector back in place(make sure every wires are in contact with little "teeth" inside the connector).
if it doesn't work, try different positions for plugging the connectors (both on floppy and board sides).

did it dozens of times: it WORKS!!
i'll try later on my EIII

Cheers ;-)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 04:04:11 PM by eddyemma » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - ultimate tip: standart pc floppy drive on an eIII?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines