E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Notes have a different timbre depending on octave and some have added noise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:53:21 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Notes have a different timbre depending on octave and some have added noise
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Notes have a different timbre depending on octave and some have added noise  (Read 2379 times)
petereugenefoley

« on: May 24, 2018, 11:19:11 PM »

So after watching some videos of other Emulators I think I have more troubleshooting to do on mine. I noticed that when I load certain patches some notes are nice and bright while others are dull. Suppose C4 is bright and crisp and clear; as I play lower on the keyboard the notes get progressively duller until it starts over.

Also, i Noticed that the bottom 3ish notes of almost any sample that I load has a horrid high pitched frequency added to it that is more apparent the lower the note, though you can really only hear it on the bottom 3-4 notes. Any ideas?
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 02:59:13 AM »

I had the same problem.

First thing you should try is:    Use a different power outlet for the EII.

Believe it or not - this solved the problem for me. I was given the tip on this forum.

Greets,
Elm.
petereugenefoley

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 04:28:43 AM »

Hey Elm, thanks for the reply. Are you specifically referring to the high pitched frequency or the change in timbre or both issues?
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 02:25:02 AM »

Specifically the high pitched noise, but the change in timbre might be solved as well, please try it out.
razo

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 12:31:20 AM »

Do all the individual outs sound the same?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2018, 12:41:44 AM by razo » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Notes have a different timbre depending on octave and some have added noise

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines