E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Looking for a kind soul

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:56:48 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  Looking for a kind soul
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Looking for a kind soul  (Read 4477 times)
alka

« on: January 31, 2017, 09:54:18 AM »

I am now nearly sure I have an issue with one of my PROMs (IC135 or IC137). Looking for a kind soul to help me replicate these which I am told is quite easy, relatively speaking. Of course I will happily compensate you for your troubles.

There are many reputable programming services out there such as: http://www.advin.com/IC-Programming-Service.htm, etc. that could assist in the matter.

Hoping we can together bring an EII that's been dead for a long while back to life!

feel free to spread the word and email me if you have any leads: bryan.alka@yahoo.com.

Thank you!!

Wolfram

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 02:11:51 PM »

I can burn it for you.
Where are you from?
alka

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 09:23:50 AM »

Hi Wolfram! I am in the US/ Philadelphia area. Will happily cover shipping, etc. My email is bryan.alka@yahoo.com if you'd like to email me. THX

dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 10:15:20 AM »

Hi,

As far as I remember they were 2764 Eproms, and not 27C64 wich are Cmos. Verify !

Its very easy to have them programmed.
Wolfram

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 01:39:26 PM »

Hello alka,

I'm in europe. So I think this is to fare.
alka

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 01:40:15 PM »

Hi Dr. C - I'm not referring to the EPROMs but rather the PROMs at IC135 and IC137 - the two custom 74S472s marked UCD0.6 and UCD11.1

alka

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 01:41:01 PM »

Hello alka,

I'm in europe. So I think this is to fare.

OK - I may have found someone more local.. thanks for initial offer.

adesive80

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 08:58:27 AM »

I'm also interested in replicate those two ICs. According to the Manual they work as "Microcontroller sound generation".

They are the only two ICs on the Digital Board that is impossible to replace (excepting from pulling out from another Emulator II).

This is because they are custom programmed from E-mu. And also they are not programmed like a standard EPROM, but I think they require a special equipment to program them.

Is this correct?

Do you think there is a way to replicate them?
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 02:28:39 PM »

I have never seen these !
alka

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 02:34:20 PM »

I've been told that copies can be easily made from working ones with the right PROM burner. It's just about finding the right combination of someone who has an EII and the correct burner. I believe I found someone who is willing to copy his working PROMs and share the dump with me. If that is so most PROM burning services can burn the chip. Here is a handy list of equivalent chips that can replace the 74S472s (after correct programming of course) some of these are harder to locate than others....

7124 512x8 TS == 82S147,  27S29,  6349, 74S472, 28L42

adesive80

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 04:58:12 PM »

I've the two working PROMs (82S147) in my Emulator II and I've tried to put them in my PROM burner to make the dumps, but it seems that my burner can't read them   Embarrassed Undecided

Let me know if you will get the dumps, I would like to have them Smiley
alka

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2017, 09:59:47 AM »

I've the two working PROMs (82S147) in my Emulator II and I've tried to put them in my PROM burner to make the dumps, but it seems that my burner can't read them   Embarrassed Undecided

Let me know if you will get the dumps, I would like to have them Smiley

Hi adesive80 - i just received the files and uploaded them to the EII yahoo groups file section.

adesive80

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2017, 10:15:53 AM »

Thanks!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Looking for a kind soul

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines