E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Route 66 - Beware!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:49:58 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  Route 66 - Beware!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Route 66 - Beware!  (Read 11511 times)
PX-7
« on: June 26, 2009, 03:38:41 PM »

I've heard bad things about these guys in forums.
It's true.  I have to file a claim with Paypal for non-delivery
of product.  They take your money, won't return emails or calls,
and do not deliver products.

Does anyone else know where I can buy an Emax 1 disk.
The whole method of downloading off the internet is bullshit.
It doesn't work.  I've tried all week and i'm more than strong
behind a PC/Mac. 

Who else supplies OS disks for Emax's
Jim Stout

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 03:21:32 PM »

I have had nothing but good things with the route 66 guys. I've used them on many projects.

I just got the 3.5 drive and the upgrade ROMS for the my E2 that I'm trying to fix  Huh

I have an Emax 1 disk I can send you

It's EMAX Plus OS 1.0 It was the last version of the EMAX line

I also have the HD/SE disk.

I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding. Shipping does take a while but it always gets here.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 03:49:05 PM by Jim Stout » Logged
Rish

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 10:49:34 PM »

Hey PX 7
    Rich from Route 66 here...sorry to hear you are having an issue with your order I can help you out...please contact me ASAP my Email is below. If you placed an order remember that our turn around time is 4 to 6 days...we have been supplying Ell replacement Drives, OS discs and Rom for many years and on occasion we have shipping issues just like any company.  I have looked around the web and have never been able to find any bad info about Route 66 in forums...can you share?

Rich at Purchase@Route66studios.com
Jim Stout

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 08:37:09 PM »

There you have it!

It' doesn't get better than that!  Wink
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 01:57:00 AM »

The whole method of downloading off the internet is bullshit.
It doesn't work. 

It does work. Thing is, you need a pc with a correct disk drive.
PX-7
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 12:40:15 AM »

Richard, do you really want me to embarrass you and post the emails that you have blasted my way.   Shocked

For starters....

www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/197/RipOff0197524.htm

and

http://www.my3cents.com/showReview.cgi?id=14930

and

http://sp1200.myfastforum.org/sutra4696.php&highlight=route#4696

You talk a big game and try the whole Eddie Hascal bit on for size, (which doesn't work by the way), and the people that know that Route 66 has issues getting stuff out on time, or at all. And if things do go down wrong (after you entirely dropped the ball), you'll proceed to flame your own customers like there is no tomorrow. Must I gather all the emails up from a few customers of yours? (ex-customers by the way).   Look, Richard, you're not going to come out smelling like a rose on this one. Trust me, you'll just end up digging yourself a deeper hole. Quit while you have an inkling of a chance.   What's funny is that you seem to have the knack to buffalo a few people out there, with the whole batting of the eye lashes, and try coming off as being Mr. Customer Service. "But" those that actually know.. know how you really do business with people out there in internet land.    Furthermore, the way you communicate with your customers (ex), in email, is almost scary and childish (an understatement).   Read the reviews everyone.  No one (including me) wants to see an Emu parts vendor go down in flames for our beloved samplers, considering how parts are so rare these days. Buyer beware out there..  Don't say we didn't warn you in advance.

Why would I make any of this up?  I'd rather be recording music.  I don't have time to blow like that.  And why would these other people be making up stories about their bad experiences?  

Richard, do yourself a favor and don't respond. Stop. Think.  And just let it go..

You'll loose, I promise you...  

« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 10:35:06 AM by PX-7 » Logged
PX-7
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 12:56:16 AM »

Jim...  OWNED !!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 01:28:54 AM by PX-7 » Logged
PX-7
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 09:57:52 AM »

It doesn't supply sufficient proof??  What more do you want man?  I have more if you need more.  You need my emails?  You need more links?  Give me some time and I will post them if you want to.

Try these:

http://www.my3cents.com/userBlog.cgi?id=26852
(scroll down to My Latest Comments, at the bottom of the page, and read all these too)

You think all these posts are actually me??!?  Oh yeah, you caught me now, Peter. Roll Eyes  These are numerous complaints from various people across the board, man. You don't have to be a genius to figure that one out.

Dude I don't care what you do really.  You can send Route 66 thousands of dollars for all I care.  But you're right about one thing, it is PERSONAL for each one of those complaints.   VERY personal for each one of those people who had a bad experience with Route 66.  

If you need more proof, check IP addresses, the original post dates, and contact the people who posted that stuff via their email address.    Yeah, man, flush your money down the drain. It doesn't make any difference to me either way.  I'm just giving other members a heads up.  

Peter, you're a brand new login by the way.... is "Peter" actually Richard, (or Jim)?

Anyways, I am finished with this thread.  It's burnt up enough time and energy of mine.  Google is your friend guys.  Use it before purchasing anything on the internet.   But you guys already knew all that.

peace
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 10:52:18 AM by PX-7 » Logged
dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 01:49:25 PM »

I'm going to step in here as a moderator.

This isn't the place to resolve a dispute. I suggest that the lot of you discuss this in private.

Rule from now on: if someone posts an accusation you get 1 post to reply to it and that is't.

And we're now back to discussing Emulators here. Right?
midipuppies

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 03:55:09 PM »

Rich, Just F.Y.I.

I read this thread a couple of days before I ordered almost $400.00 of parts from you at Route 66. I gave you the benefit of the doubt.
When I receive everything in good order, I will refect that in a post for other members to consider.
Jay
 Cool

The problem is not the problem.
Your attitude toward the problem is the problem.
Jim Stout

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 08:25:44 PM »

Jim...  OWNED !!

What the hell did I do to you?

Owned? wtf... really?

I bought more than a few things and I never had a problem...sorry you did.

but Owned?

oh and also, I am very real www.jimstout.tv  Not posing as someone else.

Things I bought from Route 66 over the last 3 years:

DP/4 batteries and holders
Various OS disk
Knobs
3.5" drives for EPS,EMAX, Emulator 2
ROM kits.

Never had a problem.

I don't know Richard, I don't have any relation with Route 66.. I was just honest about my experience.

But to call me out and say OWNED?!?!?

OK James Ulibarri, sure you owned me.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 08:56:22 PM by Jim Stout » Logged
PX-7
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2009, 08:23:01 PM »

dang, Jim.  Cool out bro.   I can't win around here.   Undecided

By the way, I think I saw you perform at the Snake Pit once back in the day...
Over 10 years ago.  Good old Denver.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 08:38:35 PM by PX-7 » Logged
PX-7
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2009, 08:37:39 PM »

Midipuppies..

let us know when you get all your stuff..    I PAID for Overnight Shipping and never got my Emax OS disk.  Ten days had past, never got it.  Then Richard and some lady, the office manager profusely apologized, but still never got my disk.  Another week had past and still never got my disk or a Paypal refund after I was told I was going to get both.   You know, a couple days, 2 or 3 is kinda ok with me.  But a week, or two, and ongoing.  Then I start to call the phone and no one picks up the phone or returns the calls I leave on their 1932 Radio Shack answering machine,  and send numerous emails. They were nice emails at first.  Then stern, and then finally, angry.    Then to ad insult to injury Richard starts to insult me in email.  Completely unprofessional.   You know what? , i'll pass doing business with Route 66.  Then I read all these other previous customer's experiences on the internet about Route 66. The same types of experiences are posted up there just like my ordeal.    I come to find out that I was not the only one out there..  

My business relationship with Route 66 is over.   There were several errors in handling of my order.  I have all the emails in my inbox to prove it and they will stay in my inbox till I cool down myself.    

Midipuppie's order will be a good indication of how fast orders are fulfilled.  Just a warning though, don't piss this guy off or he'll come unglued. Don't even ask where your order is.   I think 2 to 3 weeks is more than enough time when you pay for Overnight Shipping.   Cheesy

Look, I have worked in e-commerce for years. We ship in 24 to 48 hours and you receive a tracking number by the end of the second day.  Now if it's Overnight and the customer pays, we drop everything, and get that thing out by 2pm pacific time. AND if the item is out of stock, we will communicate via email or phone and let them know what's up.  But 2 to 3 weeks is unacceptable and flaming our customers is unimaginable.  Especially if it were our fault..    Very very bad.

Un-freaking-believable.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 08:54:00 PM by PX-7 » Logged
Jim Stout

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2009, 08:24:04 AM »

That's cool, but don't throw me under the bus because Route 66 is dropping the ball.

Maybe I was a lucky one Smiley

And yes, you probably saw me play at the snake pit as Nebula 9 back in the day.

Small world.

So were cool.... Wink

midipuppies

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2009, 05:26:30 AM »

Hey PX, I may have already pissed them off as I have sent 2 emails asking if the order has been shipped yet.
I got a response saying that orders do not ship right away and that is should be processed in the next 24-48 hours and then go through 'testing'.
That was early last week, so I sent another update request last night. I really hope this works out cuz I need the parts, and second, I need something else from them now.
Fingers crossed....

The problem is not the problem.
Your attitude toward the problem is the problem.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Route 66 - Beware!

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines