E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Trying to recreate this stab from a Rippingtons song

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:23:05 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  Trying to recreate this stab from a Rippingtons song
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Trying to recreate this stab from a Rippingtons song  (Read 1402 times)
matt

« on: March 31, 2017, 06:48:48 AM »

https://soundcloud.com/shreddyrayvaughan/rip-stab/s-K6UHX

This song is from 1986. That choir-like stab, I'm having a real hard time getting that sound. I'm hearing vocal-like sound, an e-piano and maybe a rhodesy synth? But then part of my ear just hears a really bright piano and marimba. I actually emailed Russ Freeman and he said he thinks it was from Steve Reid's Emulator 3. However, Emulator 3 wasn't out when the song was released so I think he means Emulator 2. I have already run through every Emulator 2 and EMAX patch twice and still can't find a timbre that matches....unless they layered 4-5 sounds - I'm assuming it's 2-3. I guess there's a chance it's from a third-party/non-stock Emulator 2 library, in which case I'll never find it.

There are other sounds in this song that are so close to synth presets, that I can't imagine this stab is something meticulously crafted... alas I can't recreate it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Trying to recreate this stab from a Rippingtons song

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines