E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Sound Designer and Emuser

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:23:24 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Sound Designer and Emuser
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sound Designer and Emuser  (Read 2472 times)
Deft

« on: August 21, 2019, 04:12:57 AM »

Anyone tried any virtual machines that could make Sound Designer work with Emuser on mac or PC? i`m tired of switching between powerbook for editing presets and a pc with emuser?
Wolfram

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 05:50:27 AM »

I tried it on OSX, but no luck and what I read about these virtual Mac Classic machines it is not possible.
That's why I developed my EII editor on OSX.

By the way, a new version is coming, which includes an sample editor.
The current version needs an external Audio editor.
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 02:29:59 AM »

I've been investigating this as well, with Basilisk on Windows.
The plan was to add an extension to Basilisk's serial communication functions to support the EmuSer, which is quite easy to do. But I observed that these serial functions are not called/used when running SoundDesigner under Basilisk, so the changes to them didn't have any effect... and SoundDesigner keeps responding "no communication...".
I'm still wondering why the serial functions of Basilisk (which convert Mac System 6/7 serial calls to Windows serial calls) are not used when running SoundDesigner. Perhaps the SD software called the RS422 ports in another way on Mac, bypassing the official Macintosh library routines  (e.g. by using interrrupts, writing/reading registers, ...). I stopped my investigation :-)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Sound Designer and Emuser

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines