E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII Hard Disk Image

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2017, 04:38:31 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Want to register? Then please don't use a Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail address. They'll block the activation email.
Still having problems activating your account? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  EIII Hard Disk Image
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EIII Hard Disk Image  (Read 243 times)
luncheonticket

« on: July 04, 2017, 06:47:39 AM »

Hello to everyone!

I need to restore the OS image on my Emulator III, because its SCSI hard drive died a couple of days ago. I bought a SCSI2SD interface to replace it, but I misplaced the original OS floppy and backups.

What would be the correct procedure to restore the OS on the SCSI2SD interface? Do I need to create a new OS floppy (IIRC I have a floppy OS image backup somewhere) and then install the OS with the sampler, or can I create a SCSI2SD OS hard disk image directly from a tool such as EMXP?

Thanks in advance! Smiley
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 10:48:00 AM »

Currently the easiest way is copying an existing hard disk image with OS to the SD card.
The current version of EMXP (v3.07) can format SCSI2SD cards and it can also deal with multiple partitions on these cards, but it can't copy operating systems for Emulator-III yet (as opposed to operating ssytems of Emax and Emax-II which are already suported. Emulator-III operating systems will be supported in the next version.

I will put some hard disk images for Emulator-III and Emulator-IIIX on my website tomorrow.
Then you can simply download one of them and copy it to the SD card, either with EMXP or with any other raw image copy software. Once the image is copied to a partition on the SD card, you will be able to boot the Emulator-III. But you might have to re-calibrate your Emulator-III, since the cailbration data was stored on your previous hard disk :-)
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 05:02:12 AM »

You can download bootable hard disk images for the Emulator-III and Emulator-IIIX here:
http://www.emxp.net/Additional_downloads.htm

There's a README file in the ZIP files which explains how to make a bootable hard disk.

dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 03:04:01 AM »

A big thanks for creating the bootable hard disk images. I'm sure a lot of users will find them useful.
luncheonticket

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 07:59:23 AM »

Thanks a lot!!! I'll let you know as soon as I get my EIII to work.

Sorry for the delay on my response, I've been away the last couple of weeks (winter break in Argentina started last Monday so I had lots of work-related stuff to solve lately).
luncheonticket

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 12:48:55 PM »

Well, the raw images worked flawlessly and now I have a working EIII again! Thanks!!!!!  Grin

I'd like to create a blank disk images with some samples, sequences, etc. Can I do that with these blank disk images and EMXP?
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 03:58:48 AM »

You can use EMXP to copy any existing EIII bank file (.E3B, .E3X, .EB3) to these blank EIII HD images or to the SD cards that were created based on these blank images.
It's also possible to generate (or construct) EIII bank files starting from WAV files with EMXP: the bank files will then contain EIII samples for each of these WAV files.
And you can also use EMXP to convert banks from other Emu samplers (like EII, Emax) or to convert SoundFont2 banks to EIII bank files.
An interesting approach could to use a free SoundFont2 editor software (like Viena or Polyphone) to create a bank from scratch, and then convert it with EMXP into EIII format. But make sure to define one or more presets and assign each sample to at least one preset, because the conversion engine of EMXP ignores samples that have not been assigned to a preset.

If you cant to create EIII banks and have FULL control about ALL possible preset/sample/sequence parameters supported by the EIII, you'll have to create/edit the banks (and save them to the SCSI2SD card) on the EIII itself or you can use a MIDI remote controller software (either the original Emu software or the version created by a forum member for macOS, see http://eiiiforum.com/index.php?topic=2687.0)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII Hard Disk Image

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines