E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - What causes LCD to show solid blocks, then after power cycle OK?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:09:49 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  What causes LCD to show solid blocks, then after power cycle OK?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What causes LCD to show solid blocks, then after power cycle OK?  (Read 1333 times)
Emu276

« on: March 27, 2018, 11:55:18 AM »

Many times when I power on my Emu II+HD the top row of the LCD is solid blocks, but the machine proceeds to boot OK (just no display). If I power cycle the instrument, it then displays correctly. However, it sometimes takes 2 or 3 power cycles to restore the proper display, and it does not seem to matter if the machine is cold or hot.

Is this most likely a failing IC in the display circuitry, CPU RAM, Boot or Scanner ROMs, or something else?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Howie

midipuppies

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 04:59:19 PM »

Sounds like the PSU. Check voltages and look for burned/discoloured power connectors.

The problem is not the problem.
Your attitude toward the problem is the problem.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - What causes LCD to show solid blocks, then after power cycle OK?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines