E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Some questions about EII “famous” banks and presets...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:19:56 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  Some questions about EII “famous” banks and presets...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Some questions about EII “famous” banks and presets...  (Read 1482 times)
msalmeronc

« on: November 02, 2017, 05:40:23 AM »

Hi there folks! Excellent site, I love it!

Now, i’ve got used to translate original EMu-ii banks using EMXP. I convert them for my own use as a EMulator X software junkie Smiley. (first via .sf2 format)

anyway, I love for example JMPSynth Youtube user channel (I think this great guy used to wander ‘roun this forum in past years), I love his stuff and custom banks, he even got the chance of having UVI use his EMu-ii presets show demos to promote the Emulation software.)

He tended to use several well known patches around those preset showcase videos.

I saw a reference to something like “The Mister E/ Dreams” library, I don’t know which específic library he was referring to and whether it was from EMu or OMI or whatever.

If anyone remembers this

Also I find that some widely known patches e.g. some of the Liquid Stack presets (namely Expensive Synth Stack by OMI (re)naming of banks) don’t sound quite the same as from the users of original hardware showcases. For example Liquid Stack 4 envelopes or filters don’t seem to match for converted sound fonts or emxp-produced versions of it... same thing for the famous “Terminator” patch in bank named SYNTH CHOIR MIX from OMI volume 1. (incorrectly referred by JMP himself as another bank, PRO STRINGS, which holds Mellotron string patch instead.) I had to redo the envelopes and filter, filter env. Amount  etc., fortunately the EMulator X is very very broad and flexible editing-wise.

So, my questions would be:

1- Does anyone know about the aforementioned MISTER E bank?

And

2- if anyone out there holds several LIQUID STACK versions, please comment on the differences they pose.

Thanks so much in advance and happy E-mulating!

« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 07:56:02 AM by msalmeronc » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Some questions about EII “famous” banks and presets...

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines