E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII Library for EmulatorX2

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:54:08 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  EII Library for EmulatorX2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: EII Library for EmulatorX2  (Read 18568 times)
rodm1960

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2009, 08:23:15 AM »

SFZ+ and Vsampler3 play all the converted EII banks I've tried (about 350). I've haven't tried them all but I haven't ran into any problems on the banks I've tried. Vsampler3 seems to be better on CPU resources than SFZ+. Kompakt 3 didn't play about half the converted samples and they were + or - 1 semotone off so I had to tune the samples. It seems that the majority of EII samples and banks just use basic parameters. I created a few homemade banks a few years ago and I would basically record a sample, assign it to a key and range and loop it if I wanted to sustain it. Sometimes I would use ASDR parameters for some samples. Other times we may use velocity sensitive or fade if we assigned 2 voices inside a range. The converted banks worked just like you indicated in the documentation. The velocity switched samples (for example V-switch sax) would work like the EII. My midi controller would have a little bit different feel so the sax beast and hard tenor voice would trigger a little bit different than the EII but I believe that was my midi controller. One bank than really illustrates the different playback interpretations from the 3 samplers is bank 193(lead guitar)Universe of sounds 1.  Bank 193 is the exception to the rule for all the other tried EII samples and banks. SFZ+ plays the first voice (hard lead) in very short duration then sustains the harmonic feedback voice. The effect sounds wimpy. On Vsampler3, the samples on banks 193 have a slow attack. On Kompakt 3, the samples sound a lot like the original EII but are out of tune by 1 semitone. Also, voice 1 (lowest assigned voice on lead guitar sample was off 2 semitones. All other EII samples (pianos, organs, synths, strings, brasses, orchestra, special FX, ect. sound incredibly like the original EII using SFZ+ , Vsampler3 and sometimes Kompakt 3. It would be interesting to try other software sampler and soundfont playback to see what the differences are. Another think I need to try is to import SF2 samples to another format into Kompakt 3 to see how it works.
I hope that helps. Sometimes I have a hard time explaining things but I'm happy to conduct any testing to help get you information on how this wonderful program is working. Thanks again for such an incredible program.
Rod
Jim Stout

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 09:48:56 AM »

Genius!!!!

I finally got around to converting my OMI library with EMXP ( thanks E)  I'm running the SFZ+ on My Open Labs Neko and it feels like I have a new school emulator.   Grin

Oh man,  Christmas is a week early! 
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2009, 04:12:19 AM »

Very cool!!

Although I doubt that the sound is any cool as the original...
Jim Stout

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2009, 02:49:25 PM »

surprisingly it sounds very good...  must better than I thought it would. Then I add in the Decimort plug from d16 and it sounds really convincing.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 09:17:59 AM by Jim Stout » Logged
mikenorway

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 10:26:50 AM »

Hi Jim.
I am an Open Labs Neko user. I have also an EII+HD .Older member on yahoo EII group. I sent you a message regarding using those EII soundbanks into the Neko. I am not sure, I hope arrived to you . Thank you, regards, Mike, Oslo,Norway.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EII Library for EmulatorX2

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines