E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Troubleshooting SCSI2SD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:26:28 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Troubleshooting SCSI2SD
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Troubleshooting SCSI2SD  (Read 29882 times)
5c4r7

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2019, 07:44:54 PM »

I also have the same issue with my friend's EIII (Firmware v2).  His internal HD is not functioning. I cannot seem to get a floppy to boot stand alone either.  I have a PC with omniflop so, I did attempt to make a new boot floppy but, it is still not loading.

My friend bought a v.6 SCSI2SD drive that came with a 16gb SDHC Sandisk SD card for his EIII.

I have configured 1GB partitions on the card using the SCSI2SD software and then formatting it with matching SCSI2SD settings on EMXP with the 4.24 EIII Operating System  (*with some extremely helpful details from e-synthesist*)

I have tried the following combinations with configure/formatting SCSI ID's so far:
- ID's 1-7
- ID's 3-5
- ID1
- ID3

However, each time it looks like the EIII is about to load.  It shows the correct software version on the screen.  It displays "Mounting Drives" and then hangs on "Checking Drives..." forever.

I feel I am very close.  If there is no working internal HD, can the SCSI2SD replace it? 

Should I use the internal or external SCSI cable to connect the SCSI2SD?

Do I need an image on the SCSI2SD beyond the OS for it to load?

How does the EIII know which partition to boot from if there is no internal HD?  Is this set to a default SCSI ID?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-s*
brian_ronn

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2019, 12:07:36 AM »

Hi 5c4r7

Yes the original HD can be replaced by the scsi2sd V6. I have the V6 card running in my EIII without the floppydrive installed.

I will be able to provide you with a working V6 setup file for the EIII if you need it.

Yes you should use the internal HD scsi cable and connecting the power as well.

But maybe your problem lies elsewhere. Are you sure that your EIII doesn't have the same scsi ID as one of your V6 partitions. Are you sure that your 50-pin scsi cable is working?

Best regards Brian
synthwalker

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2019, 11:32:03 AM »

Activate ID1 to 7
Copy OS to ID1 only
Put EIII to ID8
roisto

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2019, 02:22:48 AM »

does 5.1 work with EIII or should I buy v6 instead?

edit:

I got V5.0a (https://www.itead.cc/scsi2sd.html) printed mounting bracket and replaced floppy drive with it. Then used EMXP / Esynthesist excellent route (restore 953mb image to the first partition, then copied system to other three partitions with sampler) http://users.skynet.be/emxp/EIIIOS2_42_HardDiskImages.zip My EIII scsi id is 0, partitions are 1,2,3,4. Everything worked from the first try!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 02:23:30 AM by roisto » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Troubleshooting SCSI2SD

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines