E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - need help (will pay) for someone to let me know ALL the ribbon cables to replace

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:10:43 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  need help (will pay) for someone to let me know ALL the ribbon cables to replace
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: need help (will pay) for someone to let me know ALL the ribbon cables to replace  (Read 2059 times)
betocmad

« on: October 28, 2019, 03:20:55 PM »

Greetings! Im trying to tackle my eIII one step at a time and want to replace ALL the older ribbon cables with newer ones, I dont really have to the time or patience to try and do the research on my own so im basically asking if anyone would be interested in a quick "job" to send me a list of everything that I need and links (if possible) to purchase all of these in the US and as mentioned will pay for your time to help me out on the matter, long story short bought an eIII was shipped to me and now having some issues after the seller told me it worked 100% before it left (and it was packed like a tank), just trying to do what I can on my end before I have to go deeper into it and get a tech involved

thanks in advance!
inthedisco

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 01:51:37 AM »

Hi, it's probably unseated cards in the card cage. They tend to move and lose contact with the mother  board. Depending on the unit it can be tricky to reseat them and requires patience.

About ribbon cables, I think part of the information can be found in a detailed repair guide in this forum (old).
betocmad

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 12:54:24 PM »

thanks! I have heard this as well, I pushed the cards in as best as I could as is, the issue with me is how to get the middle white plastic "holder" for the cards out, I think the cage has a screw on the underside of it and this looks like a nightmare to fully take out!! but i need to look into that! I have heard those you should change those OG ribbon cables out with the quickness =)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 01:36:20 PM by betocmad » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - need help (will pay) for someone to let me know ALL the ribbon cables to replace

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines