E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Converting Emulator II Factory Floppy Disks to SD

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:54:27 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Converting Emulator II Factory Floppy Disks to SD
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Converting Emulator II Factory Floppy Disks to SD  (Read 1686 times)
domenicosounds

« on: April 11, 2018, 12:35:04 PM »

Hi!

I'm new to the group and have a question about converting Emu Emulator II floppy disks to SD. I currently have the HXC SD Card attachment installed on drive 1, and the floppy insert on drive 2. I am having trouble saving from drive 2 to drive 1. I read that it?s only possible to save from drive 1 to drive 2. I have the SD formatted properly to function with the Emulator II.

I'm trying to find a way to save the sounds onto SD without having to swap drive 1 and 2 on the keyboard. One potential option is to plug the Emulator into my Mac via the computer interface output with this plug.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FTDI-USB-DB-25-Male-Serial-RS-232C-Null-Modem-Full-Handshake-Cable-Metal-Hood/151495441948?epid=791475241&hash=item2345d4fe1c:g:40cAAOSwsIZZolVX

Then, I could run the EMXP software via Winebottler and convert the sounds to SD through my computer. Has anyone tried this? Does it work? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Wolfram

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 01:06:58 PM »

Be sure you use the last firmware of the HxC.
domenicosounds

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 10:41:59 PM »

Thank you. I was able to update the firmware and it's currently recognizing the drive. Please note that I had to manually delete hidden files on the SD via the Terminal on my mac and reformat it to run the update.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Converting Emulator II Factory Floppy Disks to SD

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines