E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Creating UST disk question...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:54:28 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  Creating UST disk question...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Creating UST disk question...  (Read 20199 times)
Stephencl

« on: February 01, 2018, 09:08:06 PM »

Folks,

I have a question....

So, my hard drive is on its very last legs, but it is still working (sometimes), I still have the UST bank.

I have read that when you copy software to the floppy, it copies all your calibration settings, so I have formated a disk, and then copied the software to it, however I have also read that when formating another drive from that floppy, it will NOT load those settings...so I am a bit confused.

I have backed up the UST bank to another external drive, and I have even copied the bank to floppy..

So my question is, once I put a new hard disk, or in this case CF reader in its place, how do I make sure my calibration settings are transferred?..

Thanks,

Stephen
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 04:43:36 AM »

Hello,

The calibration copy takes place at the software installation. You must start your machine with the correct device, then maybe, copy software, it would be more sure !
Stephencl

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 10:07:27 PM »

thanks,,, I figured this out.

First I made a boot disk that copied the software to the floppy, this includes all of the calibration settings

Then, I connected both the existing HD and the ARMTMIX CF reader on the same SCSI chain...

Then I copied the UST bank to the CF card in same bank name

Then I booted the EIII from floppy while just CF card reader connected. 

This ensures the integrity of both the bank from the HD, as well as the calibration settings on the floppy.

Apparently, the EIII is looking for both the bank and the floppy as it will changed the details within the bank if you further make calibration settings to the EIII.

stephen
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Creating UST disk question...

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines