E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Release of EMXP v205 with extended Emulator III/IIIX support

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:28:48 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  Release of EMXP v205 with extended Emulator III/IIIX support
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Release of EMXP v205 with extended Emulator III/IIIX support  (Read 9609 times)
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« on: March 15, 2008, 04:09:53 PM »

Hi all

This is just a small message to let you know that I (pre)released the newest version 2.05 of EMXP.

Besides some small bug fixes and enhancements, the major new feature is the extended support for Emulator III and Emulator IIIX samplers.
Version 2.05 should be able now to convert soundbanks between Emax, Emax-II, Emulator-II, Emulator-III and Emulator-IIIX.

I tested this version during more than one month in my own studio. I hope I removed all bugs :-) but I can't guarantee since the software is becoming more and more complex.

Please note that translated soundbanks don't always sound like the original ones on the original sampler...
...just to say that during the tests and finetuning of the v2.05 translation engine I was impressed again by the unique character of each of these vintage Emu samplers. It's really almost impossible to let a voice sound exactly the same on each of these machines.

The EMXP software is freeware and can be found on the EMXP website (http://users.skynet.be/emxp)

Have fun

///E-Synthesist
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 03:21:00 AM »

YOU ARE A GOD!

Pre-Release?  Are you still going to prfectionize that version?
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 02:13:47 PM »

As always I expect a second build, after receiving some bug reports :-)
I used the word "pre-release" incorrectly... but it means that this version has been released more quickly than previous ones in terms of testing cycles it has gone through.
This doesn't mean it's a faulty version, but statistically speaking it could contain more bugs than previous versions...
The reason why I released it now is that it's not possible for me to work on it during the next 2-3 months, and I didn't want to postpone the release until July 2008. Maybe not the most professional attitude from a quality assurance perspective, but perhaps a good one from a "give EIII users at least a chance" point of view.

Cheers

Kris
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 03:16:33 AM »

Great, thank you so much!
By the way: I haven't found ANY bug in ANY version of EMXP yet...

Greetz,
Elm.
chris raw

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 09:07:44 AM »

I will give it a try tonight.. i am on the mac, only alternative is chickensys
but I do also have a pc in which i wil put the SCSI card tonite
for transferring the most of my sample library i have to check this out fo sure.. I also want to hear some of my samples out of my EIII  Grin

I really appriciate your effort in doing all this Smiley

Many thanks e-synthesist
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 09:09:49 AM by chris raw » Logged
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 09:13:49 AM »

if you have a usb and an scsi zip drive, use those for transferring between EMXP and EIII (usb-zip connected to pc, SCSI-zip connected to EIII). You can use a EIII formatted zip disk to swap between EIII and pc.

That's how I do it.
I think transferring directly between PC/SCSI and EIII/SCSI connections is not possible.
chris raw

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 09:27:28 AM »

Hi

I only have a 100 iomega SCSI drive. I have to detach it if it works but I don't mind for the amount of samples now..

However it would be cool if you'd could have an external SCSI to CF Reader hooked up to the backport of EIII and make the whole stuff with a CF Card.. but i don't want to try 10 external SCSI to CF Card adapters for compatibility...do you think I can use the one posted by escobar for external use too?

sorry for hijacking

greets
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 09:29:10 AM by chris raw » Logged
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 09:36:18 AM »

I dont know.....

100 Megs is enough for my purposes Smiley

In my case, I just have to take my zip disk out of the drive attached to the EIII, and put it in the one attached to PC. And the other way round. No urgent need for me to do the same with a flash card...
chris raw

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 09:42:55 AM »

True.. 100 BM should be pretty fine.. I think CF Card just makes sence internal because th HD is annoying Roll Eyes

My 2930cu is for mac therefore probably won't work on the pc..will try it though..you knever know..lol Tongue

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Release of EMXP v205 with extended Emulator III/IIIX support

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines