E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Calling any X3 Users.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:11:31 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  Calling any X3 Users.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Calling any X3 Users.  (Read 4348 times)
OstrichLegs

« on: August 10, 2009, 04:04:37 AM »

Sorry I know this site is for hardware users, but I can find zilch on the web to do with X3 Software........I came across this link via the Akai Forum.

Just wanted to hear some constructive feedback on how other users are finding the new features and if anyone can shell any light on varying price differences for the software.

I'll start with the price difference. Initially lauched at £449 (UK) with Upgrade pending..didn't bother with the upgrade as the full retail version was offered for £199 (March), Just discovered it has been further discounted to £149 (July)....wondered if this was a recession move on the part of creative/Emu, or things aren't going too well.  (Just Curious)

Finally I was really looking for opinions on using Xtractor.  I am running a dual core 2.13Ghz,  with 4gb RAM, and anything over 60MB, it has problems processing the file.  Wanted to know how much a Quadcore would benefit the software and this function, and would it scan the audio in further detail in contrast to what I am Currently receiving.

The feature is very powerful and is very dependent on the material.  Was looking for some EQ Tips with densely packed mixes where a vocal and snare share the same frequency range.

Grateful for any comments or Links in the right direction.

Thanks.
 Smiley
esmilez

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 09:31:19 AM »

yes it s a lil off topic...well im emulator x user since version 1 and i upgradet to x2 ...
it has crazy filters and hell a modulations...i sampled my favorite fantom patches via synth swipe into it is so easy but you often have to edit the looping points...
i don t see the  big difference between version 2 or 3 that justifie  upgrade price...

maybe we could create another section on this forum maybe virtual emulator section...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Calling any X3 Users.

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines