E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - E1 - What are they worth?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:17:39 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EI General Discussion
| | |-+  E1 - What are they worth?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: E1 - What are they worth?  (Read 7697 times)
EdGs

« on: August 10, 2009, 12:52:37 PM »

I have an E1 s/n 00081 that was part of the support band for Liberace. It was given to me along with a Prophet 5 rev. 3.3. They were in Anvil stage cases and had been stored in a garage since the early '90s and were/are in pretty rough shape. I have been trying to resurrect the P 5, but have not had a chance to even try and open up the E1.
        Is there and value to the E1? I have not been able to find any provenance for the units other than the fact that the cases are stenciled with LIBERACE. Would it be better to part it out? I have no idea whether it works or not yet. Thanks.

Ed

dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 01:51:12 PM »

Are there any disquettes with it ?
EdGs

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 01:57:03 PM »

Unfortunately---no, there aren't.. And being that it has been in the Anvil case for so long, I'm sure the foam is everywhere inside. The P 5 had it stuck in places I didn't think it could go, so I don't believe this one will be any better. I am just trying to weigh my options right now....I have been on the P5 for a few months now off and on, and I don't know if I can go through that with the E1.

Ed
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 03:36:30 PM »

Well, without any disquette to restart the machine, you won't go far !

As well, you may have (all you guys as well) to chage eight little diodes (1N914 or 1N4148) on the digital board, they are easy to regognize, they are all beside each others in a row.
Some of these were "burned" on purpose, making binary a code to match a code on the diskettes.
If you put new diodes, the machine will boot with any disquettes, otherways, it won't !

EdGs

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 04:12:54 PM »

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind if I ever get to the point of powering up.  Do you know how many E1's were produced? I'll try to post some pics in the near future, but I have to pull the beast out of storage to do so. All I remember is that I just about got a hernia putting it in there to begin with. I hope to get it out soon and see if I can get it opened up to check it out.
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 01:57:48 AM »

Technically (of course...) the EI isn't worth very much anymore.
I've seen some on Ebay that went for 500 EUR, you can't expect much more I guess.
There were approximately 500 built I think. Pretty few, right?

I think the only guys who really would be interested in still buying one are those kind of guys that hang around here: E-Mu fanatics with a heart for vintage stuff and a collectors attitude.

Greetz,
Elm.
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 02:34:07 AM »

I was in the studio cession when he made the music for "Blade Runner", and the great "Booom" we hear is an E1 !
Nice sound, uh ?
EdGs

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 03:50:09 AM »

Thanks for the replies. Once I do open this thing up and take  a look, is there a way to tell whether it is a 4 or 8 voice model? I may not be able to check this out for a couple of weeks yet, but I am not expecting to see any thing diiferent with regards to the moisture/deteriorating foam problem that the P5 had. If any of you are interested in this unit, send me an e-mail or pm and I will do my best to send you some pics when I open it up. Thanks and be patient. This will take me some time.
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 07:52:30 AM »

Take pics and put them here, we will tell you.
Zomnius

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 01:45:02 PM »

Hi if it is in europe i'm interested.
jphi75019

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2010, 06:23:58 AM »

Hi Everyone,

Do you know how much cost an EMU I lately ?

I don't know the used rate ?

Regards

JP
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - E1 - What are they worth?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines