E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - iPhone makes my EIII crash

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:28:12 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  iPhone makes my EIII crash
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: iPhone makes my EIII crash  (Read 7429 times)
dvdborn
Administrator

« on: August 27, 2009, 06:35:45 AM »

Recently my EIII would crash without a reason. When the EIII crashed it became unresponsive and I had to turn the power off & on again to restart everything.

The same thing happened to my USB-hub connected to my MacBook. It would also stop functioning and after unplugging and replugging it, it would work again.

After a while I began to notice a pattern. The EIII and the USB hub would stop working at the same time.

In the end I found out that when my iPhone 3G, which was always placed near the EIII and USB hub, was having GSM-communication the 2 devices would crash at the same time.

I could also hear the GSM communication through my speakers. It's that nasty pulse sound.

My iPhone is always on an Edge network when I'm in the studio. I'm guessing that GSM data transfer frequency is interfering with the inner workings of the EIII and the USB hub.

David
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 11:31:22 AM »

If you put a Prophet 5 on top of a PPG W.2.3 in a stand, it will hang.
If you invert them, it works.

Grin
dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 12:14:35 PM »

Weird science!
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 01:08:31 PM »

I must tell I've been scratching my head for a while before I understood, because everytime I've put the machine on my test bench, they worked !

I would like to posts two really weird stories of the same kind wich happened to me, but I don't know where !
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 01:10:42 PM »

By the way... do you have iPhones "exploding" in your countries ?

In France, its about the sixth or seventh iPhone from wich the front window blew up withing a month at the face of people here, and Apple is denying this. Its so stupid...

Some pics. You can type iphone explosion on Google...

* ipod.jpg (195.97 KB, 708x585 - viewed 682 times.)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 01:26:33 PM by dr.c » Logged
dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 01:57:53 PM »

I heard about the exploding iPhones. AFAIK we hadn't had any in Belgium (yet).
Luckily I've a previous generation iPhone 3G. Apparently only the 3GS tends to explode.
Chaztech

Relativity!

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 03:05:39 PM »

Maybe he just stepped on it and didn't want to tell his parent.
it is odd the way its such uniform cracks. like a Cristal braking up!

weird science indeed!
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 02:53:13 PM »

Apparently, this idiot wanted to "crack" the securities of his phone, allowing to do whatewer stupidity and he read somewhere on the net that it would work if he put it into a microwave oven for a few seconds.
By the way, even the newspaper has cheated, there was NO image on the the shown phone, the have added it !!!

Gee, who can we trust, by these times, now ?
Drone

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 07:25:21 PM »

By the way... do you have iPhones "exploding" in your countries ?

In France, its about the sixth or seventh iPhone from wich the front window blew up withing a month at the face of people here, and Apple is denying this. Its so stupid...

Some pics. You can type iphone explosion on Google...

I-phones are getting popular in Canada but the plans are way over-priced.
I still want one though. There's some pretty serious programs coming out for them !
PX-7
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2010, 06:58:45 PM »

if you have the iPhone 3GS or probably any version, put an anti-static bag from a hardrive behind your phone in strips, behind your case.  This eliminates GSM chatter and will eliminate your EIII from crashing.  It helped mine.   Also helped my EMU powered monitors and those getting noise in them when my iPhone is near. 

Yes, it's very annoying.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - iPhone makes my EIII crash

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines