E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - How do i get the EII library from my PC into a MAC SE30?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:27:58 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  How do i get the EII library from my PC into a MAC SE30?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: How do i get the EII library from my PC into a MAC SE30?  (Read 37307 times)
lennox

« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2009, 01:17:44 PM »

oh and how should i know what pin 1 is from say AM26LS31 chip when looking at the top sitting in the emu IC socket, should pin 1 be the left top and pin 2 be the right top, pin 3 directly under pin 1?
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2009, 01:57:52 PM »

An excellent link :

http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/

You can get thousands of specs there !

Attached, the AM26LS31.pdf

* AM26LS31.pdf (81.84 KB - downloaded 704 times.)
lennox

« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2009, 05:38:35 PM »

okm i checked for the RS422 mods on my REV 1, there all done, exept i don't understand one thing, IC107 pin 22 needs a resistor and at the other side +5v

if i measure pin 22 without having done this i get a 0.48 v  if my REV1 should be mod correctly of fabric, should this be any near +5v instead of this 0.48?

at the schematic i see at pin 17 a resistor drwan and +5v, if i measure there i get 3.48v max. Is this correct? could it be that this scn2651 is mailfunctioning, can i replace it just like that or do i need something else?

I.m going to master this, my EII will work with a MAC  Grin

Please check the print screen i took, with leftside the schematic of IC107 and right the REV.1 check

Thanks!

* IC107.jpg (371.41 KB, 3360x1050 - viewed 714 times.)
lennox

« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2009, 06:58:51 AM »

no one?

perhaps dr.C  Grin

perhaps i better take it to a tech  Undecided
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2009, 11:19:18 AM »

This is what we call a pull-up resistor.

You should try to repace as well the scn2651
lennox

« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2009, 01:46:20 PM »

thanks, i will replace scn2651, just found one on ebay. It says programmable ic, i hope i don't have to program it do i?

i meen can i simply swap this ic?

thanks
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2009, 03:31:18 PM »

No way ! It won't work if you don't program it !

I didn't look at the specs. Are you sure that all the circuits are in place ?

I saw some empty sockets on the pictures you sent me...
lennox

« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2009, 04:10:48 PM »

ok i have a spare scn2651 now  Grin

yes there are 4 empty sockets i mentiond it in one of my first posts, IC134, IC149, IC139 and IC151 are empty.

I dont no where i found it but i thought these supposed to be empty. Perhaps i'm mistaking???

thanks again
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2009, 02:27:59 PM »

Are these empty sockets corresponding to some circuits on the RS422 Diagram ?

This because you bought this machine secon,d hand uh ? I never trust these machines in second hand.
lennox

« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2009, 05:08:50 AM »

Are these empty sockets corresponding to some circuits on the RS422 Diagram ?

This because you bought this machine secon,d hand uh ? I never trust these machines in second hand.

no nothing is mentioned in the diagrams, these where supposed to be unused i think.

But i give up, no not the Emulator  Grin  but i'm bringing it to a real tech. I will post the results should take a few weeks i think
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2009, 08:03:24 AM »

if you just want access to the libraries without being able to edit the banks TOO much, I suppose you to buy an oberheim dpx-1 (preferrably OS 2.1 or 2.2) - pretty cheap and tank-solid. using a windows XP pc with an installed 3.5" disk drive and e-synthesists DPX tools (free and simple), you can easily copy all those beautyful banks to floppies and play them WITHOUT any loss in analogue quality to play them with the dpx. works fantastic - that's the way a buddy of mine does it.
I have already done the "translation" of all those banks to dpx file format some time ago (LOTS and LOTS of banks).

if you're interested, let me know.

P.S. the dpx is a rack mounted EII so to speak, if you're not already familiar with it. It sounds ABSOLUTELY the same (if not better) as the EII, using the same ssm chips (but in combination with 12bit internal processing). It was manufactured to offer a light weighted device that can play EII banks without quality loss, or alteration - to professional artist going on tour for example.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 08:13:51 AM by Elmbeatz » Logged
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2009, 08:08:53 AM »

I guess you have no choice nowadays but buying these beasts second hand, do ya?!

Wink Cheesy Grin
lennox

« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2009, 01:18:51 PM »

if you just want access to the libraries without being able to edit the banks TOO much, I suppose you to buy an oberheim dpx-1 (preferrably OS 2.1 or 2.2) - pretty cheap and tank-solid. using a windows XP pc with an installed 3.5" disk drive and e-synthesists DPX tools (free and simple), you can easily copy all those beautyful banks to floppies and play them WITHOUT any loss in analogue quality to play them with the dpx. works fantastic - that's the way a buddy of mine does it.
I have already done the "translation" of all those banks to dpx file format some time ago (LOTS and LOTS of banks).

if you're interested, let me know.

P.S. the dpx is a rack mounted EII so to speak, if you're not already familiar with it. It sounds ABSOLUTELY the same (if not better) as the EII, using the same ssm chips (but in combination with 12bit internal processing). It was manufactured to offer a light weighted device that can play EII banks without quality loss, or alteration - to professional artist going on tour for example.

Thanks!  i indeed thought about the Oberheim, and will get one if it just wont work, but it has to :-)

i love the idea of palying and editi it right from the EII, i guess i´m in the mood beacuse i just bought a SP12 Turbo  Wink
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2009, 02:39:52 PM »

an oberheim dpx-1 (preferrably OS 2.1 or 2.2) - pretty cheap and tank-solid

Tank-solid... I thought so too, but I just bought a second one and it exploded after 2 minutes of operation in my studio  Undecided
So now I have only one DPX-1 again  Grin
And I lost 150 EUR in 2 minutes...
...well, some people probably lost a lot more money in even far smaller timeframes on the stock exchange...

Lennox, you might bring your EII to Boemstjak in Castricum/Alkmaar. He repaired my RS422 a few years ago.
lennox

« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2009, 03:03:11 PM »

an oberheim dpx-1 (preferrably OS 2.1 or 2.2) - pretty cheap and tank-solid

Tank-solid... I thought so too, but I just bought a second one and it exploded after 2 minutes of operation in my studio  Undecided
So now I have only one DPX-1 again  Grin
And I lost 150 EUR in 2 minutes...
...well, some people probably lost a lot more money in even far smaller timeframes on the stock exchange...

Lennox, you might bring your EII to Boemstjak in Castricum/Alkmaar. He repaired my RS422 a few years ago.

aha i know this guy, thanks for the tip, i will contact him

thanks for the tip Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - How do i get the EII library from my PC into a MAC SE30?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines