E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Internal Hard Disk - replacement types

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:12:13 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Internal Hard Disk - replacement types
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: Internal Hard Disk - replacement types  (Read 81742 times)
Malekko

« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2009, 09:18:06 PM »

Just wanted to say "thanks" for everyone who contributed to this, I did the CF modification today and it went without a hitch....well i DID get a lexor CF card that wasnt compatible, but i also bought a correct white flower, purple triangle and it works perfect.
I was a little worried about mounting this, so i zip tied around the card and the two adapters so they wouldnt come apart and i Velcro'd the whole thing down where my HD used to be.
Now i need to fill that card with some samples!!
Thanks guys!!  Kiss
Edsta

« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2010, 10:25:18 AM »

Howdy !

I've just bought a Quantum Trailblazer replacement drive which was recommended in the above list of drives,
but it only has a 40 pin connector.

How did you get it working? Is there a difference in the ribbon being 50 pin on the outside that connects to the case and the connections inside or a mod that was done to get it happening?
I haven't taken the whole thing out yet, I just compared the ribbon and the drive which didn't add up.

If you could bring forth thy ultimate wisdom I would be grateful Smiley

Live long and prosper
dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2010, 01:26:18 PM »

Edsta,
Are you sure that it's a SCSI model?
Edsta

« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2010, 10:54:17 AM »

It's an internal drive 502 meg IDE.

I take it I should of got a SCSI version...lol

Am I right?  Cry

Thanks for getting back so quickly man.

Live long and prosper
dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2010, 12:44:47 PM »

You won't be able to connect an IDE drive directly to your EIII.
You can use an IDE to SCSI converter. But if you're going that route you might as well go all the way and also install a Compact Flash card.

So, the easiest solution now is to find a SCSI drive.
demian666

« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2010, 05:08:50 PM »

hello,
great solution!
Does anybody know the actual price and a dealer to get the Acard AEC-7720U from?
The last price listed is 30USD and the post is already one year old. Here in Germany one card is about 100Euro.
This dealer named before is out of stock and I have to replace all HD`s of my three EIII`s.
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2010, 12:25:36 PM »

30 USD for an Acard (new) ?
Mmm... I just paid 100 Euro - but as you said, I ordered it from a German webshop (Vesalia) Smiley

Note that the IO Data Device Inc R-IDSC-E/R adapter should work well too with EIII...
...that is if you can find the v1.28 firmware version - because higher versions don't work anymore with old Emu samplers. This adapter board is much cheaper than the Acard one, but as I said: it's not easy to find. The most common ones are the current v1.30 boards.

Twosocks

« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2010, 05:23:45 AM »

30 USD for an Acard (new) ?
Mmm... I just paid 100 Euro - but as you said, I ordered it from a German webshop (Vesalia) Smiley

Note that the IO Data Device Inc R-IDSC-E/R adapter should work well too with EIII...
...that is if you can find the v1.28 firmware version - because higher versions don't work anymore with old Emu samplers. This adapter board is much cheaper than the Acard one, but as I said: it's not easy to find. The most common ones are the current v1.30 boards.

The 30$ isn't for new parts. They are used, but okay. They don't ship to Europe. I had to ask a friend to buy them for me. I bought 3 pieces. They work excellent. (Actual sellingprice on the Acard website is 248$)

I also tested IO-Data Version 1.30.9 and can verify that they don't work for EIII nor ASR-10. They do work with Kurzweil K2xxx and EOS samplers. (Pitty, since they are only 20 Euro and have way more settings).
I'll check if it's possible to get older firmware on it. Thanks for that info!  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 08:14:14 AM by Twosocks » Logged

Collector of Vintage gear.
recoil

« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2011, 06:43:04 PM »

Hi! i just want to buy a working scsi HD with preinstalled system and library, maybe someone there who has successfully replaced by a CF. thanks!.
Zomnius

« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2011, 01:31:24 PM »

I would like that to...

but i'm checking out the card intfce for my two E3's and E2
mg73

« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2012, 02:49:56 PM »

Anyone know if it´s possible to get older firmware on the IODATA
I have on that  works in my EOS but It doesn´t work in my EIII
so probably it´s the firmware.

[/quote]

The 30$ isn't for new parts. They are used, but okay. They don't ship to Europe. I had to ask a friend to buy them for me. I bought 3 pieces. They work excellent. (Actual sellingprice on the Acard website is 248$)

I also tested IO-Data Version 1.30.9 and can verify that they don't work for EIII nor ASR-10. They do work with Kurzweil K2xxx and EOS samplers. (Pitty, since they are only 20 Euro and have way more settings).
I'll check if it's possible to get older firmware on it. Thanks for that info!  Smiley
[/quote]
80sboy

« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2012, 06:22:04 PM »

REad through this many times and just need a little clarification.

I have the acard 7720u, and a dual ide cf adaptor like this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-CF-Compact-Flash-to-40-Pin-IDE-Adapter-Card-/130680108734?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6d2436be

I'm a little confused as to the process for using both slots. Do I just install cards in both slots? How do they show up in the EIII? AS seperate scsi id's?

Waiting to do this as I have 2 ultra quiet fans on order and want to do everything at once. Also looking at the possibility of installing a VFD display, it looks like noritake makes a compatible display.

Advice as to using 2 cf cards in this setup?

80sboy
tom
PIPPIZIO

« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2013, 04:16:00 AM »

Hi! what it means INTERLEAVE SETTING 2:1 to format hard disk?
Thanks

Federico
dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2013, 11:53:46 AM »

Hi Frederico,

Page 3-18 and 3-19 in the EIII reference manual will explain you how you can format a drive with a different interleave setting.

You can download the reference manual here: http://kunst.phl.be/~dvdborn/EIII/Emulator_III_Reference_Manual.pdf.
djscratchd

« Reply #89 on: November 09, 2014, 12:02:46 PM »

I couldn't attach the last picture to my last message (too big) but here it is (the most important piece of it all SCSI->IDE adapter):

Escobar do you have a part number to order this?

The sleeper must awaken......
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Internal Hard Disk - replacement types

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines