E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - HELP!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:17:54 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  For Sale
| | |-+  HELP!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: HELP!  (Read 9116 times)
dekany03

« on: October 07, 2009, 12:53:49 PM »

Hi,
I need your help right now! I am looking for the following items:
Emulator
Emulator II
Drumulator
If you have one of these instruments, which still works, but is no longer used then please write me. I am a hard Depeche Mode / Alan Wilder fan, and I' ve decided to buy an instrument that they also used. I have a Roland S220 sampler with 20 QD-s by the way, which could be exchanged. Please note, that I live in the EU. Help! Thx in advance!
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 02:40:29 PM »

This reminds me a guy who called me to ask the machine wich has the "Alphaville" sound...
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 01:49:54 AM »

This reminds me a guy who called me to ask the machine wich has the "Alphaville" sound...

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Topicstarter:

Emulators (I)  are hard to find and making music with these things is hard too (as you can bet they WILL need servicing...)
EIIs often go on ebay. These often need servicing, too.

Keep in mind....
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 02:17:10 AM »

Anoter one called me once :

- I want to buy an electronic drum machine !
- Wich brand, wich model ? I asked
- The one I saw on the book !
- Hummm.... are you a private, a distributor ?
- Naa... I am from Aurillac (small city in France) !

dekany03

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 03:51:36 AM »

I don't want to be rude, but I think I have clearly specified which are the models that I want to buy. So please do not post stupid and violating comments. Thx for Elmbeatz. He posted the only intelligent reply. So thx mate!
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 06:52:24 AM »

You should definitely go for the Emulator II if you're on this vintage DM vibe.
It's a very versatile and superb sounding instrument. And it BRINGS the DM sound, whether Doc agrees or not...  Wink
BUT (as I said) : prepare to have issues with it (which can be solved, especially with the help of the experts in this forum..).
Considering the Drumulator: I think IF you want to buy a drummachine, go for the SP-12 (turbo). It features ROM sounds AND gives you user sampling (with THAT! sound)

I won't sell my babies anyhow, good luck!
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 08:10:41 AM »

Well, let's make things seriously but not taking ourselves seriously. I never wanted to be offending, I just wanted to say that your post reminded me that guy with the Alphaville sound.

It seems weird that you want to buy : "Emulator, Emulator II and Drumulator at once.
Emulator and Emulator II... wich one is the first ? Emu III ?

You wouldn't be that "touchy" (according to your answer), I would say that you have suicidal tendencies because its almost impossible to synchronize these machines together. Its possible in a studio, with digital equipment, and just by putting "flat" the tracks with the FSK speed piloting (wich has NOTHING to do with sync) and then, after, apply an offest on the specific track.

Elmbeatz is quite right when he recommends you the SP12 Turbo because its synchronisable with the E2 by MIDI (but the  MIDI sync in the E2 is bugged) or the SMPTE (but the SP12 Turbo SMPTE is bugged) Grin

You just have to choose your bugs, Bunny !  Wink

Well, it just happens that there are some occasional stumblings and there are ways to fix this, but depending of wich board version.

dekany03

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 09:10:57 AM »

Well, I don't want to buy all items, that I mentioned. Only one of them. I thought that a worn Emulator would be fine, because it sounds great but it is still cheap enough. The same applies to the Drumulator. What should I do? Emulator is very rare on eBay. 
12bit

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 02:20:03 PM »

Well yeah.
Those machines are hard to find, and takes some time maintaining - but it is worth it if you ask me.

I have the Emulator, Emulator II+ and Emulator III (both the keyboard and rack version), and especially the old Emulator (1) needs a lot of servicing. It took some years to track them all down, and I got most of my stuff off eBay, and the rest from other 'collectors/musicans' that I got to know online or in real life.

But I understand your lust for these machines - they do sound fantastic - they really do.

I also have two Drumulators (one with the optional Pad Programmer), an SP12 Turbo, an EIIIXP, an e6400, an E6400 Ultra, two Emaxes and an Emax II and I love them all dearly :-)

I wish you the best of luck finding and using these machines - don't forget to buy a pack of two of 5.25 inch floppies as well :-)

KennethA
12bit.com

E-mu Systems Emulator, Emulator II+, Emulator III, Emulator III Rack, Emulator IIIXP, SP12 Turbo, E-mu Systems SP1200 (gray face), Drumulator + Pad Controller, Emax, Emax II, E6400 and E6400 Ultra + a lot of other synths/samplers.
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 03:36:01 AM »

Well, I don't want to buy all items, that I mentioned. Only one of them. I thought that a worn Emulator would be fine, because it sounds great but it is still cheap enough. The same applies to the Drumulator. What should I do? Emulator is very rare on eBay. 

?!

An Emulator II should be cheaper than an Emulator I these days, as the Emu-I is pretty collectable by now (few were produced). I tell you - stick to the EII !
A drumulator won't give you anything but "bumm tschak tsss tsss".
12bit

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 01:29:32 PM »

?!

An Emulator II should be cheaper than an Emulator I these days, as the Emu-I is pretty collectable by now (few were produced). I tell you - stick to the EII !
A drumulator won't give you anything but "bumm tschak tsss tsss".

I agree with Elmbeatz here - but still the Drumulator has a very nice tone to it. I love it but it is NOT flexible sound wise :-).
Of the Emulators you mention the EII is the one to go for - incredible sound and a vast library - not to forget the Sound Designer program for the old Apple Macs - amazing !!

KennethA
12bit.com

E-mu Systems Emulator, Emulator II+, Emulator III, Emulator III Rack, Emulator IIIXP, SP12 Turbo, E-mu Systems SP1200 (gray face), Drumulator + Pad Controller, Emax, Emax II, E6400 and E6400 Ultra + a lot of other synths/samplers.
dekany03

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 02:37:59 PM »

Thx guys for your advices but how much money to expect? 100$ for a Drumulator and 800$ for an EII? Do you think that my Roland S220 can be exchanged for a worn Drumulator? I ask this because I use this sampler to play Drumulator samples, and I think a real Drumulator would be much better.
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2009, 10:44:43 AM »

Can't you make your own idea by yourself ? Do you really need people to tell you these kinds of things ?
I mean that its like a guitar, only YOU can know wich guitar fits to you.
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2009, 02:51:50 AM »

Thx guys for your advices but how much money to expect? 100$ for a Drumulator and 800$ for an EII? Do you think that my Roland S220 can be exchanged for a worn Drumulator? I ask this because I use this sampler to play Drumulator samples, and I think a real Drumulator would be much better.

Ahemm...

Comparing the EII to the Drumulator doesn't really work...  The drumulator is a SIMPLE Drumcomputer with Rom Sounds. The EII is a 'complex' sampling synthesizer. Of course it's more expensive.
The Drumulator is better in sound than your sampler, that's for sure. BUT it doesn't feature MIDI (except for a retrofit...) So, at this point you have to decide what needs you have. The prices you have in mind are correct.
dekany03

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 02:58:10 AM »

Oh damn,
there is another Drumulator on ebay now, and I can't place a bid, because there is no international shipping. So, when you live in the States then here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/E-MU-SYSTEMS-INC-DRUMULATOR_W0QQitemZ260490451080QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ca670d888

p.s.: I want to trade my sampler to a Drumulator. When interested, please write!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - HELP!

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines