E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIIIXP - REDUCED BASS RESPONSE? AND NO EXPRESSION PEDAL? .....

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:16:33 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII XP Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EIIIXP - REDUCED BASS RESPONSE? AND NO EXPRESSION PEDAL? .....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EIIIXP - REDUCED BASS RESPONSE? AND NO EXPRESSION PEDAL? .....  (Read 7331 times)
FOWL

« on: October 07, 2009, 01:36:03 PM »

Hi There
I bought the EIIIXP from Waterfrontstudios - as seen elsewhere on this forum.
Its a nice machine - I bought it to compliment my EMAX1 - which I love but obviously has seriously impaired sample memory and space (less than a meg). Sadly my machine once Kris helped me get going with a floppy boot - which was sold as 32 meg - turned out to be 8 meg. It also has no internal HD or Analogue IN : (

My major concern though is that the bass response seems noticeably reduced from the original files I am sampling - for me this is unsatisfactory for a so called top of the range digital machine (of its time). The emax sampling the same file blows it away for bass!!

I conclude therefore that surely it must be something dodgy in my chain - and since there is a BEHRINGER in my sample chain - naturally my suspicion falls on him. I am using an original old Behringer ultramatch to convert the SPDIF out on my 003 rack to AES in on the EIIIXP - do you think this is impairing my signal ? I have no other way of getting samples in - until I get a few ZIP drives and use the EMXP program. Is this normal or should I try another root to feed samples in.

Finally, what I love about the EMAX is all the realtime controls, yet I was sad to find that the expression pedal on my emax does not get recognised by my new EIIIXP - this seems a bit odd - since they are both EMU's  - again am I doing something wrong here (it is an old and obscure JVC pedal but it works with the emax somewhat) - do others use pedals/midi controllers with their EIIIXp rack?

Thanks for all your advice. 

Best
Fowl
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 02:38:35 PM »

Can you send a picture of the BACK of your machine ?
Well, if you can, front as well...

THIS IS STRANGE .... Roll Eyes
FOWL

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 03:15:34 AM »

Hi thanks
here are the pics of my EIIIXP. Hoep you can shed some light on this matter - i am also investing in ZIP drives SCSCI and USB so I can bypass the Behringer... should receive soon and will report back... but in the meantime any thoughts? Also waterfrontstudios did confirm - that there are 32  x 1mb ram in my sampler - so he is bemused that the sampler is not recognising them... but on checking MASTER/MEMORY ALLOCATION/SAMPLE: 100% 8.0M
In terms of the pedal - i think it must be down to my expression pedal - im gonna try with another one.
Thanks for your help,
FOWL

* Rear.jpg (226.79 KB, 1000x434 - viewed 778 times.)
FOWL

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 03:19:08 AM »

HERE is the front. I have SOFTWARE VERSION V2.10, 1994

* Front.jpg (141.1 KB, 1000x425 - viewed 720 times.)
FOWL

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 06:54:47 AM »

hey-ho, anyone able to shed any light on the ram and bass mystery?
cheers
Fowl
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 01:45:41 PM »

The pedal should be the one of the master keyboard

For the rest, I really don't know !! You can put a headphone to the output of your machine, directly, and test. But there is NO REASON this happens only by transfer from AES/EBU
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIIIXP - REDUCED BASS RESPONSE? AND NO EXPRESSION PEDAL? .....

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines