E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - What ZIP Drive for my EIIIXP?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:56:00 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII XP General Discussion
| | |-+  What ZIP Drive for my EIIIXP?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What ZIP Drive for my EIIIXP?  (Read 5069 times)
FOWL

« on: October 16, 2009, 03:45:55 PM »

I just borrowed a SCSI zip drive and it turns out its the wrong kind - 25 pin? anyway the scsi interface is much too small compared to that on my Emulator.
Please can someone send me a link to what kind of SCSI ZIP drive I need - Or perhaps I can just get the right lead for the EIIIXP and use this one?
thanks.

FOWL

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 03:53:52 PM »

is this what I need for my zip drive?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SCSI-CABLE-25-PIN-MALE-to-50-PIN-MALE-CENTRONICS_W0QQitemZ250515362426QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_CablesConnectors_RL?hash=item3a53e1127a
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 03:32:23 AM »

Thanks, Fowl !!! Cool
FOWL

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 02:43:54 AM »

hello Emulator community,
I wonder if you can help me again - I am trying to get these two zip drives working with my EIIIxp but to no avail!

I bought two ZIP drives (one to interface with my USB mac and one to my scsi eIII) I can't get the ZIP 100 with scsi to mount - i have tried it with both ID 5/6 and out of both the ZIP and SCSI port on ZIp and also with termination on/off
BUT!
Now I read from emulator archive that ZIP 100 is not compatible : ( is this true?  - i guess because Zip uses ID 5/6 but EIIIX uses id 1.
IF so-should I look at getting a ZIP 250 scsi - is that what people use? I dont really have time to work out adding an internal drive at the moment - so I need a fast storage solution - NO FLOPPY - as its for a live situation.

Cheers for your advice folks
from Scotland.
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 02:06:24 PM »

I have been using ZIP 100 drives on my EIIIXP/XS all the time.
All ZIP250 and ZIP100 drives I have ( about 8 ) are compatible with my EIIIX.
I own both version 1 and version 2 ZIP100 drives (i.e. Z100S and Z100S2).

Emulatorarchive is indeed stating that the L.27 versions or lower of ZIP100 are not compatible.
I have no idea what this L.27 stands for, but I have read somewhere that the oldest series of ZIP100 drives are not compatible (the ones from production year 1996 or older).

Here's some more information about my EIIIX:
- it runs firmware 0.66
- it runs operating system 2.10 (but that doesn't matter because this OS is only loaded after the firmware recognizes my ZIP disk containing the OS)
- there's no other internal or external SCSI drive connected to the EIIIX besides the ZIP drive
- the ZIP drive is terminated, and works both with ID 5 and 6
- the termination power jumper inside the EIIIX is NOT set (pins are free). This is the default setting.

I hope this helps...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 02:20:02 PM by esynthesist » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - What ZIP Drive for my EIIIXP?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines