E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Getting samples for my EIII help

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:30:59 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  Getting samples for my EIII help
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Getting samples for my EIII help  (Read 7677 times)
nadafarms

« on: October 21, 2009, 02:04:22 PM »

So I know this is a total newb question... but I need to get samples for my EIII rack and i'm a total tech retard.  Undecided

It has a scsi obviously on the back I'm wondering though since all my samples are in my computer and I don't have a scsi jack on my computer how I'm going to make this work.  Does it read .wav files? Do samples need to be in some ancient emu format?

Can I just use akai scsi disks and they will work?

Is there anyone that would sell me scsi discs that have a bunch of samples? Smiley

thanks!!!!!!!
ditabeardmemo

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 10:01:40 PM »

Just to confirm: You own an Emulator III rack and not an EIIIXS, correct? If the former...

Are you running Windows or Mac, and what type of computer/which OS version? From what I understand, you may be able to use EMXP depending upon your configuration.

To answer some of your other questions:  1.) It does not read .wav or .aif files.  2.) Samples are stored in an "ancient" E-MU format.  3.) You cannot load Akai discs in the EIII.

E-mu Emulator II+ HD, Emulator III 8MB, Emulator III Rack 8 MB, Emax II Turbo Rack 8MB, Emax SE HD Plus Rack, Drumulator; Ensoniq ESQm, SQ-80; Waldorf Microwave Rev. A; Oberheim Xpander; Sequential Circuits Pro One; LinnDrum; Kawai R-100; Moog Voyager RME; Roland Juno 60, SH-101, TR-808, TR-909
nadafarms

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 01:35:48 AM »

Yes the original EIII rack  Smiley

I'm running a pc with windows xp and a macbook from a couple years ago, so would I have to download some conversion software?

I'm thinking I should probably just Man up and sample a bunch of stuff into it myself... which is probably for the best.

I'm going to try and post on craigslist for now to see if anyone is selling old eIII formatted zip discs.

thanks
ditabeardmemo

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 05:29:59 AM »

Somehow I think you'll have better luck finding a one-night stand on Craigslist than you will a cache of EIII samples.  Wink

Check this out:  http://users.skynet.be/emxp/

E-Synthesist, who posts here, wrote it. You can run it on Windows XP and convert between WAV and EIII sample banks.

You may also need to purchase a ZIP drive that runs on a USB to connect to your Windows machine, as well as a separate (used) ZIP drive that connects to the EIII via SCSI. That will allow you to shuttle ZIP discs between your Windows XP machine and the EIII.

E-mu Emulator II+ HD, Emulator III 8MB, Emulator III Rack 8 MB, Emax II Turbo Rack 8MB, Emax SE HD Plus Rack, Drumulator; Ensoniq ESQm, SQ-80; Waldorf Microwave Rev. A; Oberheim Xpander; Sequential Circuits Pro One; LinnDrum; Kawai R-100; Moog Voyager RME; Roland Juno 60, SH-101, TR-808, TR-909
Syncla

my beloved

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 09:34:45 AM »

Hi nadafarms,

you do not own a Macbook! If it´s older, it´s a Powerbook! Powerbooks have Motorola or Power PC chips, Macbooks have Intel -chips. It`s a great different thing, in case to use older programs like the E III program for Mac.

The only Answer for all questions is: Emulator

E III Kb ; E IV XT ULTRA ; E-Synth Rack; Emax SE Plus Kb
nadafarms

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 03:36:07 PM »

So how do you all personally get samples for the EIII? tips? techniques?

I mean do you do all your own sampling or just use these converter programs that convert wav. to the eIII format? I'm technologically challenged... and don't think i'll be capable of using a converting program

I would just love to have some nice zip discs loaded up with tons of drums etc. Smiley

I just got a mpc2000xl to use as a sequencer just for the eIII rack Smiley and I'm realizing using the 2000xl will be just as difficult to get samples into because it also only has a scsi drive

Anyone want to sell me some zip disc copies of their libraries formatted for the eIII?  Smiley
nadafarms

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 03:37:39 PM »

well you know maybe just buying a usb zip drive is the way to go and try to get a friend to help me use this program

thanks again

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Getting samples for my EIII help

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines