E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Okay, i'm doing something wrong...what is it?!?!?!?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:50:40 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Okay, i'm doing something wrong...what is it?!?!?!?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Okay, i'm doing something wrong...what is it?!?!?!?  (Read 3270 times)
Malekko

« on: October 26, 2009, 08:23:23 PM »

Okay, i thought my Floppy was bad due to it never seeing a disk. So i bought another one from Route 66 got it in the mail today installed it and it doesnt see it either (and the floppy light just stays on too.
I know it's something obvious that i'm just not 'getting" HELP!
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 11:46:16 AM »

Emulator 3 ?

What is the problem, please ?
ditabeardmemo

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 12:33:48 PM »

Malekko, for what it's worth: My Emulator III keyboard was in the shop for nearly half the year, and one of the issues was that it needed a new floppy drive. My tech (from a place called EARS... among the best in New York City) ordered a replacement from Route 66, installed it and it didn't work! They ended up having to refurbish the old floppy drive.

My point: I would be very circumspect about the floppy drives that Route 66 is selling for the EIII right now. It might be better to track down a NOS drive somewhere. Perhaps another forum member has one for sale?

Anyone from Route 66 care to weigh in?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 12:35:50 PM by ditabeardmemo » Logged

E-mu Emulator II+ HD, Emulator III 8MB, Emulator III Rack 8 MB, Emax II Turbo Rack 8MB, Emax SE HD Plus Rack, Drumulator; Ensoniq ESQm, SQ-80; Waldorf Microwave Rev. A; Oberheim Xpander; Sequential Circuits Pro One; LinnDrum; Kawai R-100; Moog Voyager RME; Roland Juno 60, SH-101, TR-808, TR-909
Malekko

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 06:24:29 PM »

Okay i had some time to spend with the EIII. it seems as though the SCSI cable fits on opposite of the original drive on the Route 66 drive. Now the light goes on and off when you put a disk in but it still wont load from disk or see a disk in the drive.
any suggestions?

midipuppies

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 08:00:51 AM »

Send it back for a refund.

The problem is not the problem.
Your attitude toward the problem is the problem.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Okay, i'm doing something wrong...what is it?!?!?!?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines