E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Sound Designer and Editing Samples for EII

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:12:58 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  Sound Designer and Editing Samples for EII
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sound Designer and Editing Samples for EII  (Read 3518 times)
ditabeardmemo

« on: October 30, 2009, 09:21:52 AM »

Hi everyone:

I'm a relative newbie when it comes to using Sound Designer in conjunction with my Emulator II+ HD, in part because my Macintosh SE/30 has been out of commission for much of the year. Now that I'm on the verge of repairing it, however, I have some questions about Sound Designer's capabilities.

I'm very interested in creating custom sample banks for the EII, as I have a huge sample library in .AIF and .WAV format that I've developed over the years. I'd like to find the fastest, most efficient way to convert these samples into EII voices and banks. Up to now, I've been manually sampling sounds into the EII through its quarter-inch input, then editing, truncating and looping them using the front panel controls. This process is tedious at best, and maddening at worst. So my questions are:

1. What is the best way to convert these .wav and .aif files into EII-compatible voices (library disks) or banks?

2. Is it possible to edit and refine the start, end and loop points for samples using Sound Designer, rather than on the EII itself? If so, can (or should) this be done when the samples are still in .wav format, or should it be done after the .wav files have already been converted to an EII-compatible format?

E-mu Emulator II+ HD, Emulator III 8MB, Emulator III Rack 8 MB, Emax II Turbo Rack 8MB, Emax SE HD Plus Rack, Drumulator; Ensoniq ESQm, SQ-80; Waldorf Microwave Rev. A; Oberheim Xpander; Sequential Circuits Pro One; LinnDrum; Kawai R-100; Moog Voyager RME; Roland Juno 60, SH-101, TR-808, TR-909
Electrapilot

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 04:51:46 PM »

Hi there,

Had a good look to see if there was any possibility of "importing" an aiff or wav file into Sound Designer for the EII and I don't think it can be done. I guess a computer programmer could potentially modify the existing program to do this?? I'm not sure how far the Chicken Systems guys got with converting the Sound Designer EII files to wav/EIV/ESX24 etc etc and perhaps it can be reverse-engineered, but at the present time it looks like its a case of doing what you're already doing, recording into the EII.

Maybe some of the guys on the forum know more...

Regards.
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 02:54:53 AM »

Guys, you must be sleeping. Really.
You can convert wave-files very very very very VERY easily to SD4EII format with EMXP, E-synthesist's (member here) own software which he dedicated to the community. So quickly check it out:

http://users.skynet.be/emxp/

runs on windows XP machines.

Still, you have to edit the samples on your EII, but transferring them to the mac as SD-Banks is easy as 1,2,3. Of course, you should be able to edit the banks in SD instead on the EII itself, too, but I'm no expert there...
Electrapilot

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 05:50:43 PM »

Doh! Yep sleeping, really!
I completely forgot about this program and it's been around a while too!
Sorry. I guess I'm tending to use the existing EII library too much! (not necessarily a bad thing).

Regards,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Sound Designer and Editing Samples for EII

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines