E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Hearing a click at the end of my samples

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:49:20 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Hearing a click at the end of my samples
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hearing a click at the end of my samples  (Read 3693 times)
nadafarms

« on: November 01, 2009, 11:47:24 PM »

Hey dr.c I'm hearing a click at the end of my samples when I record drums into it, like a little popping sound right at the end of the sample.

I'm wondering if it's the vcf or vca that is causing this, I'm confused and it's super annoying!

I know I'm not making a click sound that is getting recorded it has to be something with the eIII

Any help would be great Wink
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 02:58:50 AM »

There is on trhe analog board, an adjustable wich is the offset trim.
Send a picture of the zone.
You have to measure a point and toggle the Sampling button, ON/OFF mode.
(I don't remember where exactly by memeory but if I see the picture, it will "come back")

Every time you change mode, there may be a voltage variation, wich is he offset.

This voltage VARIATION has to be the least possible, adjustable by the trim pot, located near a 7524 circuit.

It can be 5,78V or 52 458,45 volts, teh important is the LEAST VARIATION.
nadafarms

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 10:46:36 PM »

so you mean I need to open the unit and service it by turning a trim pot?  Sad Sad Sad

Thanks again dr.c

nadafarms

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 10:48:25 PM »

another thing is that it only plays the click if I hold down the key and let the whole sample play all the way through, so I can avoid the click sound by only playing the first part of the sample which is easy for drum sounds. But obviously annoying on many other patches, I only noticed it though when I was recording my own samples rather than playing back programs that were on the hard drive

thanks
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 02:25:37 AM »

Ahhhhhhhh, this is different. Like many times, people don't tell EVERYTHING !!

This is bad, because it leads to a false diagnosis, I would have sent you to fix your machine but its only a basic user problem.

Some people came to my workplace and said they had a hiss, rumble... blah blah, after the sample.

Do you know a function called ADSR ? This is applied to the filters, allowing to CUT the filter with a slope or fade out. For example, the click you may hear can be only "hiss" at high frequencies wich you don't hear, and what you hear is the CUT OFF of the PRESENCE of this frequency.

I don't mean THIS is the problem, its an example.

So, make you sample, truncate it as well with the ADSR like you SHOULD DO, and then, there won't be anymore clicks.

Otherways, it may be as well :

a) - A bad trimming of the machine
b) - Faulty filters
c) - Faulty user
d) - Faulty output capacitor

nadafarms

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 01:58:34 PM »

thanks again dr.c sorry I didn't do a better job explaining it initially.

Yeah that is something I thought it might have been like the adsr or the filter envelope, just annoying to have to set these up for every single sample
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 03:26:01 PM »

Yeah that is something I thought it might have been like the adsr or the filter envelope, just annoying to have to set these up for every single sample

What do you want the machine do for you, wipe your ass, as well ?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Hearing a click at the end of my samples

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines