E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator III Sequencer

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:52:39 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  Emulator III Sequencer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Emulator III Sequencer  (Read 4112 times)
sys700
« on: November 05, 2009, 07:40:15 AM »

Anybody use it?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 12:33:45 PM by sys700 » Logged
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 07:51:14 AM »

i use the eiii sequencer from time to time. it's very cool, although interfacing is a bit annoying. back in time when i sequenced ALL my stuff, i used a kawai q80 sequencer, superb. but as I, nowadays, just sequence the 'lead drums' of my stuff, it's okay. it's super-tight, and it features all what a hardware sequencer should come up with. For my purposes, i prefer the sp though, ever since i got it. i don't deal with triggering and such whatsoever.
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 11:29:10 AM »

it's razor sharp (at least with internal use). and you can use it linear and pattern based as well as both combined. the display is helpful, as it gives you minimal information on where you are and what you do.  Wink   
i don't know about the sequencers you're used to, but i bet the eIIIs sequencer is much more UNcomfortable... but, as you get your eiii soon, just go try it out...  Roll Eyes
Alan Replica

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 09:45:50 AM »

I only use the internal sequencer to sketch song parts, and it is very handy for that, like a rapid note pad to sketch ideas. BUT, although I have it synched to my external sequencer (MC500MKII - yes! That's the best I found for me..) for Midi clocking, it is uncomfortable to quantify (it's tedious to set up and fall right except with some extra step by step operations after recording lively) - I guess because it's got a real thin quantification (number of events per bar - which is a real quality to take your nuances, but a hell to fall square ! Ex. Drums: record BD, SD live but HH step-by-step).
Alex Stone

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 11:18:14 AM »

I use for programming EIII only its internal sequencer. First it was a little strange. As previously I was using sequencers synths and workstations company KORG (system patterns). But after the devices KORG I learned to program EII and E-MAX II. After them, I'm pretty easy to understand the principle of sequencing EIII and now the system segments (in EIII) I feel very comfortable. In fact I would say that is not often noticed that if there is a Song, Song, and this has been programmed it on the internal sequencer device - it goes a piece of music sounds better than if it is programmed with external sequencer. Remain nuances (for example arpeggiator) imperceptible to an external sequencer.

I am user:  EII , EIII, E-MAXII turbo 8meg., Oberheim DPX-1.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator III Sequencer

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines