E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Love the EIII

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:28:52 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Love the EIII
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Love the EIII  (Read 7040 times)
sys700
« on: November 09, 2009, 05:17:01 PM »

Do you?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 12:31:48 PM by sys700 » Logged
midipuppies

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 05:53:03 PM »

Was that the one for $2000.00 buy it now?

The problem is not the problem.
Your attitude toward the problem is the problem.
Malekko

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 06:36:32 PM »

cheaper than a system 700!!!
I think the price was a premium, but not totally out of the question...but for 2k it should be 100% perfect!.

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 02:59:32 AM »

As the EIII gots 16 voices, one channel seems to have issues. As it's only ONE channel, the EIII IS in supreme condition, believe me!! Most people (including me) have several non-functional channels, which is 'normal' nowadays).
Find out which channel it is, and just deactivate it (I think somewhere in the master module...) Trying to fix it would be too much of a hassle in THIS case , as it's only one channel/voice...

EDIT:
Concerning the SCSI issue: What kind of device did you try? A CD Rom drive? That can be a problem, as the EIII does recognize only a few brands of CD rom drives. I use an Apple CD 300 drive. Nevertheless, it SHOULD recognize a zip 100 drive without any problems. Try one of those!

Greetz,
Elm.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 03:02:24 AM by Elmbeatz » Logged
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 06:14:15 AM »

if you want to have clarity - check with a cheap zip 100 drive. If it gets recognized, your EIII doesn't have a problem. I bet that many scsi devices are just incompatible with the EIII.
midipuppies

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 06:55:10 AM »

Hi System, ok. So try this with your SCSI:
Go into MASTER, DISK UTILITIES(7), CHANGE SCSI ID(0) and make sure that your EIII is on ID 5 or 6.
Then in the same module screen (as above), select HD300 as the device to change ID#'s on and make sure that it is set to SCSI 3. Set your external drive to SCSI channel 3 and remember to save the system (just hit exit or enter).
Then power off EIII and external drive. Power on external drive FIRST and let it settle down. Then power on your EIII that I was going to buy;)
If the SCSI ID's are correct, when the EIII's system loads and it scans the SCSI bus, you should see the drive's HD led light up for a moment as the drive gets mounted.
If all was successful, you should now be able to hit LOAD BANK and see the external drive in there. The internal drive that came with your EIII is most likely on channel 1, so just make sure that nothing has the SAME channel as anything else.
I know this is confusing to start with, but if all else fails drop me a line cuz I have been dealing with SCSI drives/issues/setup a LOT as of late. A lot of the time, it is purely trial and error.
I hope this gets you started in the right direction!!!!

Jay Cool

midipuppies

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 07:14:53 AM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 07:32:37 AM »

I re-enabled voices 1/2 and as I was playing the synth for about 1/2 hour, I was hearing a bit of a crackle sound on the outputs for voice 1/2. Then all of a sudden the issue resolved itself, and I was hearing full stereo on all 8 keypresses. I didn't touch anything while I was doing this, it just suddenly resolved itself. I played it another 10-15 minutes just to verify, and sure enough, the stereo issue on voice 1/2 was gone. So I powered down the synth, turned it back on, loaded up a sound, and the issue was there again. Grrr...

Absolutely normal. E-Mus of this age all have ghosts in them.
midipuppies

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 09:31:16 AM »

It should automatically save to the system disk, either H.D. or floppy.

dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 10:09:43 AM »

The channel problem : I had this dozens of times.
Its at 80% a flat cable problem, bad contact.
Look at the four flat cables on the jack board, named A-B-C-D

Take them off and put them back. You can do this even if the machine in running.

Don't ever swap cables (cable "A" going to the "B" location, for example), this is DESTRUCTIVE
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 10:13:55 AM by dr.c » Logged
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 02:40:32 AM »

...Is there a feature within this sampler to set the pan location of a mono sample for a given voice? I know you can set panning for velocity, but can you set it by output?

of course.  we're talking about an EIII.
midipuppies

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 07:59:41 AM »

Did you try any of the scsi stuff I mentioned?

dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 10:06:32 AM »

Obviously, this cable has been already changed !
I knew it, its a cable problem.

Change it. Its a 20 pin connector, 20 conductor cable. It costs peanuts, you have to buy a toll to assemble the cable<>connector. You can find this on Radio-Shack stores.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Love the EIII

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines