E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Most efficient storage solution for Emulator II?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:33:20 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Most efficient storage solution for Emulator II?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Most efficient storage solution for Emulator II?  (Read 3314 times)
ali_g12

« on: November 10, 2009, 09:37:31 AM »

I have just acquired an Emulator II+ HD that is in good working condition.  The HD is not working at the moment but everything else is working fine.  I am considering swapping the 5.25" for a 3.5" drive - does anyone have any suggestions for a suitable drive?  I would also be interested if anyone had successfully installed a replacement HDD in their emulator - any recommendations?

I was interested to read on this forum that some people are trying to develop a floppy drive emulation with flash card memory.  However, there has been no update on the thread of recent and I have not had a reply to my message to hideawaystudio who started the thread. 

I would like to hear from EII users as to what the best solution they have found is with regards to:

i) managing large amounts of programs
ii) loading times

I have the opportunity to get hold of a large quantity of banks in eIISD format but before making the investment I want to know what is involved in getting them onto the sampler.  I have EMXP and chickensys Translator - is it possible to convert these and use them with EMXP for use on 3.5"?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Al
JMP

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 11:20:18 AM »

I am considering swapping the 5.25" for a 3.5" drive - does anyone have any suggestions for a suitable drive? 

Route 66 is the way to go although have heard reports of poor service recently:

http://www.route66studios.com/drives.html

Think you've had it when it comes to compatible hard drives. Better using a vintage Mac & SD link up instead.

However, there has been no update on the thread of recent and I have not had a reply to my message to hideawaystudio who started the thread. 

Think he's busy with his Novachord at the moment:

http://www.vintagesynth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=51703

I would like to hear from EII users as to what the best solution they have found is with regards to:

i) managing large amounts of programs
ii) loading times

Use a vintage Mac with Sound Designer. Loading takes a few seconds, much quicker than using 5.25" floppies.

I have the opportunity to get hold of a large quantity of banks in eIISD format but before making the investment I want to know what is involved in getting them onto the sampler. 

Get in touch with the Emulator Archive for a communication cable from your Mac to EII:

http://www.emulatorarchive.com/Contact_Me/contact_me.html

The store part of that website once listed the EII cable for sale that came with a CD of sounds but it's not there anymore Huh The EII Yahoo Users site lists all compatible Macs, OS, EII versions etc. Start there and look for a good old compatible machine but bear in mind it's problematic as many threads in here will tell you !

Good luck with it.

realreem

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 10:25:41 PM »

Hi my email is breakdiggers@gmail.com  I need sound designer ( download or disk ) for for my mac – powerbook 5300c 8.6  and a custom cable from mac to emulator II , please let me know if these items are available and how to purchase them , thank you
JMP

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 03:08:32 AM »

Hi my email is breakdiggers@gmail.com  I need sound designer ( download or disk ) for for my mac – powerbook 5300c 8.6  and a custom cable from mac to emulator II , please let me know if these items are available and how to purchase them , thank you

Don't swamp the forum with multiple posts asking the same thing. I've already told you were to get hold of Sound Designer in your other post under General here:

http://eiiiforum.com/index.php?topic=480.0

The post above also says were you can purchase the cable. Either that or make your own. If you look at the Yahoo site there are details for doing this.

The only Powerbooks that will work with Sound Designer and the EII (AFAIK) are the 165c & 180c.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Most efficient storage solution for Emulator II?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines