E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - I get a message - Zero in name ???

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:42:13 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  I get a message - Zero in name ???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I get a message - Zero in name ???  (Read 3570 times)
toader

« on: November 17, 2009, 11:21:23 PM »

So I got my EIII a while ago...  and I'm just starting to sample things.  Anyway...  I have a bunch of samples...  they are all named, and they have all been placed on keys.  When I go to make a loop though, I get a message that says "Zero in name".  What does this mean?  I have not used an zeroes in the sample names at all.  Anyway, maybe it's something simple.  I don't know...   any suggestions?

Thanks,
Todd
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 05:23:49 AM »

I had a guy yelling at me once, telling that the name of his sample was full of zeroes, I looked at the display and it was written : Ooooooooo
I played and there were choirs singing "Oooooo"
I swear this is true !!!!

But the one you talk about, I damn don't know... Can you do this with only ione sample loaded in memory ?
Power your machine, no sample, sample a sound, and try.
toader

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 08:12:36 PM »

I will try it with only a single sample loaded...

Also, I just noticed that it renamed EVERY SINGLE SAMPLE loaded into memory!  I sampled my Moog in minor 3rds...  so I had sample names as follows:

C1 Moog Pulse
D#1 Moog Pulse
F#1 Moog Pulse
A1 Moog Pulse
C2 Moog Pulse
D#2 Moog Pulse
etc,
etc.

Anyway...  I load up the bank now, and EVERYTHING is: "C1 Moog Pulse" - every single sample has that name!  -  AND...   when I go into "rename" them, the names don't appear at all.  So I hit the "down" arrow to delete a character, and then PART of the name appears...  the first 3 characters are all weird lines - like |||  and then the rest of the name appears...  so it looks like this:

|||||oog Pulse

This is SO SO SO weird...

I will try with only a single sample, but so far, this is very frustrating...  any ideas?  Something wrong with my sample RAM maybe?
toader

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 08:19:19 PM »

I have 75 samples loaded into RAM.  If I click "sample"...  then "2" to "rename sample", and I select sample 26 for example - and name it "C1 Moog Pulse", everything after sample 26 is also "C1 Moog Pulse" (sample 27,28,29,etc).

This is so weird.  THEN, if I go in to "rename sample", before selecting which sample to rename, I can scroll up and down through the samples...  the names are all there, but they are all the same - C1 Moog Pulse.  When I finally stop on one of the samples - #27 for example which now says "C1 Moog Pulse", as soon as I hit "enter" in order to change it's name, the name vanishes!  There is nothing there and it allows me to start editing/entering a name.  NOW, if I hit the down arrow, it deletes a character, and part of the name appears there, but it looks like I describe above:

|||||oog Pulse

This is very weird and very frustrating to say the least...  I now have to rename 50 samples...  quite a time consuming process.  The names were all in there before I went through the looping process...  it's almost like going through the looping process somehow corrupted the names.  Yet the loops and sounds are fine.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 08:28:13 PM by toader » Logged
dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 02:59:20 AM »

This is not normal behaviour. I'm guessing that this is a RAM problem.

You should do a RAM test and see if there are no errors:

Master > 8 > 0 > 1358 > 2
toader

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 01:21:18 PM »

I did a RAM test but it says everything is ok.  There are a bunch of other calibration type tests in that menu you mention, but there is no reference to those menus in the manual.  I may need to get a service manual so I can go through all of those tests...  that would be helpful I think.  As far as the weird renaming issues, I'm going to keep messing with it - I will try this evening again.
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 09:34:02 AM »

THIS is strange...

Can you PLEASE MAKE  a sample, ONE sample made by YOU, with YOUR fingers, like I asked  ?

And see what happens ?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - I get a message - Zero in name ???

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines