E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII Save systems ?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:43:32 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  EIII Save systems ?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EIII Save systems ?  (Read 3939 times)
Alan Replica

« on: November 21, 2009, 09:12:28 AM »

Can anyone give a good system to facilitate saves from the EIII, I am currently wondering how could  I easily save/restore EIII banks (must be with a computer + CD's config ? But with the SCSI, 422 ports restriction..) ?  Thanks.
Alan Replica

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 09:14:03 AM »

Can anyone give a good system to facilitate saves from the EIII, I am currently wondering how could  I easily save/restore EIII banks (must be with a computer + CD's config ? But with the SCSI, 422 ports restriction..) ?  Thanks.

In addition, I would like this to work as a generic solution for all the SCSI Emu samplers I have around (Emulator IV, E6400 Ultra) ?
dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 02:46:04 AM »

Hi Alan,

First of all, if you're still using an internal hard disk I suggest you upgrade to a Compact Flash Card solution.
You can find all about it in this thread: http://eiiiforum.com/index.php?topic=4.0

I use an external SCSI Zip drive to backup all my internal banks. The best once I'll than transfer to a CD-ROM using EMXP.

I also use Alchemy on an old Apple. Not so much for backup purposes but to edit and transfer samples. You could also use Alchemy to backup your samples (not banks).

David

Alan Replica

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 10:30:02 AM »

Hi David,
thanks for the info. BUT, as I am the technical ignorant you might have spotted, does this mean I need to replace the HD with a Flash card system (hmm.. fiddling that part seems hazardous from what experience I read  here..)? Or is this not mandatory ?

Quote: "I use an external SCSI Zip drive to backup all my internal banks. The best once I'll than transfer to a CD-ROM using EMXP."

Ok, once you get the external ZIP, I guess in SCSI protocol, how do you figure that with the PC..? Need some USB compliant stuff.. Sorry, how does it all match in your configuration ?
Thank you.
dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 05:54:35 AM »

Hi Alan,

When you want to use a Flash card system you're going to have to replace the internal hard disk. Being technical ignorant I wouldn't recommend it to you :-)

I've got 2 ZIP drives. A SCSI ZIP drive for use with the EIII and a USB ZIP Drive for use with my MacBook that's running EMXP under Parallels.

PX-7
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 10:05:42 AM »

I have the stock 40mb hard drive still on board internally.
Couldn't I just use a scsi Zip drive for external samples and be ok?
It's not necessary to replace the internal HD for a CF correct?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII Save systems ?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines