E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIIIXP midi sample dump?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:23:23 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII XP General Discussion
| | |-+  EIIIXP midi sample dump?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EIIIXP midi sample dump?  (Read 3818 times)
FOWL

« on: November 25, 2009, 09:38:04 AM »

Can anyone explain how I do midi sample dumps with Win xp or an Intel imac with pro-tools.
Thanks
Luke
alphabyte

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 07:36:48 AM »

Hi Fowl,

Protools does not support Midi Sample Dump. You will need an application that supports SDS transfers. I no longer use Windows machines, so I'm not sure what will do the trick on that front. I believe Sound Forge still supports SDS. There are likely free utilities as well. Google will be your friend there.

On the Mac, I use DSP-Quattro for the simple fact that it was the only app I could find a few years back that could do the trick. I don't recall having tried it with my EIIIxp, but, I use it quite often for my Emax I/II and SP 1200. Works very well and is a serviceable audio editor as well.

You might also try C6. This is a sysex utility created by Elektron for loading user samples into their supported products. It is freely available and may work. I tinkered with it once and found it a bit tricky. I don't have any real experience using it for SDS with E-mu samplers.

C6 can be downloaded for free from: http://www.elektron.se/products/machinedrum-uw?section=downloads

Hope this helps....

-trevor
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIIIXP midi sample dump?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines