E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - E1 pics

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:51:16 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EI General Discussion
| | |-+  E1 pics
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: E1 pics  (Read 4090 times)
EdGs

« on: January 21, 2010, 04:25:53 PM »

Since I can't get pics to post on this forum, Go here: http://www.vintagesynth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53875
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 05:54:05 AM »

Oh man. That thing's dead I guess.  Cry
But even an EI like this one is a decorative gadget. These things are rare.
EdGs

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 03:07:23 PM »

Not sure if it is dead yet. I started taking it down and surprisingly the cpu board looks great- hardly any oxidation on the traces. Will give it a good cleaning and clean/reseat all of the chips. Looks like there are also some tantalum caps that will need to be replaced. The ribbon connector pins are bright and shiny as well as are the molex sockets/plugs for the boards.

The voice boards might be a different story. Haven't had a chance to pull those yet.

The drive has quite a bit of oxidation on/in it. That will be my biggest concern. Well, one of my biggest. The belt is there and the motor is not frozen, so that is the best I can hope for at this time. Don't know if my drive is original or not has a name on it other than shugart.

I have no disks. Can any one hook me up with a boot disk and a couple of samples? Anyone have a set of schematics? And I believe that dr. c. said something about the diodes that are burned to form a code for the disks. Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure if I can post pics here yet, but if there's any thing you would like to see, let me know. Sorry for being such a noob about this thing, but I have no experience with these, just the desire to bring it back to life if possible. Any ideas on  how many E1 are stll around?

Thanks
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 07:23:59 AM »

as far as I know, appx. 500 have been built.
i think 400 still exist.
and mine's #001B.  Grin Roll Eyes
good luck for bringing it back to life.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - E1 pics

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines