E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Zip Drive not recognized by EIII

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:05:00 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Zip Drive not recognized by EIII
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Zip Drive not recognized by EIII  (Read 6250 times)
FairlightCMI

« on: January 26, 2010, 11:31:13 AM »

Hey Gang,

I searched the forum but couldn't find a concrete answer to this, so I apologize in advance in case that this has already been covered. My EIII doesn't recognize my zip 100 drive. Everything is properly set up from my viewpoint, i.e. every device has its own scsi ID assigned etc, but upon bootup it doesn't mount. FYI..I only have OS 2.3 and my Bootrom is 1.0.  Will switching to the last OS (2.42?) take care of this?  If so, where can I obtain it? (I saw Route 66 sells them, but is the image anywhere available for free on the web?

Also...is it necessary for the zip drive to contain a EIII formated zip disk for it to be recognized or will a blank zip do? I naturally do not have any EIII formated zip disks yet. I tried to do that in EMXP, but it seems that that function is greyed out as N/A.

Thanks in advance.

George

E-MU Emulator II (x2), Emax II Rack
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 01:50:22 AM »

I formatted blank zip disks with the EIII, that's what I remember (it took forever Wink ).
ditabeardmemo

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 06:57:55 AM »

I had no problems getting my Emulator III to recognize a ZIP drive, although I am running OS 2.42. I suspect your issue is something else entirely, though. Here are a few questions:

1. What model of ZIP drive are you using? A blue Iomega drive or something different?

2. Is termination on the ZIP drive set to ON?

3. What SCSI ID is the ZIP drive assigned to? What other SCSI ID numbers are in use (you can find this in one of the EIII disk menus.)

4. After you connected the ZIP drive and inserted a blank disk (not formatted, of course), did you click "Mount Drives" under the "Disk Utilities" menu?

E-mu Emulator II+ HD, Emulator III 8MB, Emulator III Rack 8 MB, Emax II Turbo Rack 8MB, Emax SE HD Plus Rack, Drumulator; Ensoniq ESQm, SQ-80; Waldorf Microwave Rev. A; Oberheim Xpander; Sequential Circuits Pro One; LinnDrum; Kawai R-100; Moog Voyager RME; Roland Juno 60, SH-101, TR-808, TR-909
FairlightCMI

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 09:02:11 PM »

Hey... I got it to recognize it.

The EIII SCSI was set to ID5, which I wasn't aware of. Earlier I had tried it with the zip drive set to both assignable IDs, 5 and 6 and it didn't work with either ID. Now I set the EIII to ID1 and it worked with the zip set to ID5.

Strange that it didn't work with zip ID6... Huh The internal HD was all along set on ID3 by the way...

But anyways...Thanks a lot guys..both Elm and Dita.  Smiley

EIII forum rocks!

E-MU Emulator II (x2), Emax II Rack
Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 03:00:21 AM »

have fun buddy!
vegas

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 06:24:02 AM »

Hi,

I'm also trying to get my zip drive to work but am having difficulty.
I have scsi zip 100 and zip 100 plus.
One of the drives keeps the e3 to keep searching
the other doesnt.
On one of the drives I can assign either ch 5or 6 the other not.
How do you terminate the zip drive?
I get the basic idea that each drive needs seperate chanels but...Im not sure what chanel the internal drive is on (and I replaced that) yes im aware its under disk utilities. 
Loading banks works on all channel drives.-meaning i can load my internal drive from all 'drives' but the floppy of course.

Cheers
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Zip Drive not recognized by EIII

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines