E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - How do you make your presets / map samples for efficient workflow?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:42:25 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  How do you make your presets / map samples for efficient workflow?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: How do you make your presets / map samples for efficient workflow?  (Read 4067 times)
chris raw

« on: April 16, 2008, 01:11:15 AM »

Hi there

Since there is no program out there yet (besides alchemy) which lets you make presets and map samples for the EIII, I wonder how you build your presets for fast workflow.

I am now transferring banks with EXMP (thanks esynthsist) to the EIII, though one can only have 99 samples in a bank. Is it possible to merge banks on the EIII?

Main question is how do you organize your presets, samples on the EIII for fast workflow?

Do you build empty "dummie" presets and then fill them up? 

I do have a lots of samples and I need to know the best method for doing this.

Any infos welcome  Smiley

Greets

Christian
dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 10:45:30 AM »

At first I used Alchemy a lot to create sample maps (presets). But now that I'm more familiar with the front panel I don't use Alchemy anymore. Except for uploading samples from my sample library that reside on the computer. For me it's faster to use the front panel controls and the menu short cuts on the numeric pad.

Just to place my working method into context, I use the EIII for 90% to create my own samples and presets.

When I started to use the EIII I was confused by their use of banks. Coming from Akai I was used to have all the samples in 1 folder and then just load the ones that I needed in the current program.

With the EIII it isn't possible to sample a sound and just save it. You have to save the current bank. This is a feature I really miss. Being able to save a sample in a different bank. Since there are only 99 banks available on 1 disk you can hit that limit fast if you start to save banks with only a few samples in them. Once I have a lot of banks with only a few samples in them I start to combine them into 1 bank until I reach the 8MB limit.

You can't go beyond the 100 samples limit in 1 bank. Unless there's a trick that I don't know of.

When I want to merge 2 or more banks I load 1 bank in the EIII and then load the presets or samples from the other bank(s) one by one into the current bank.

I also like to hear from other users how they use their EIII.

Cheers,
David

chris raw

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 12:03:54 AM »

Thanks David

Well I can merge the presets then, though it would be nice to have more than 100 samplea in one bank. But maybe that's enough also, we'll see..

I heard a few samples through it and it sounds fabulous! very organic and lively sounding and I think it's worth the effort!

I will take my time on the weekend to make some presets with zones etc. and make some beats..

Greets

Christian
karlscott

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 11:35:54 PM »

So Glad your up and running Chris, believe me i know you've been thru heartache!!!!! Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - How do you make your presets / map samples for efficient workflow?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines