E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII Remote soft - anbody works w/ it?

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:32:08 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII General Discussion
| | |-+  EIII Remote soft - anbody works w/ it?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: EIII Remote soft - anbody works w/ it?  (Read 19254 times)
micromoog

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2010, 04:39:05 AM »

thanks for these info

Emax has a more or less "fine" MIDI-implementation, i wonder why it isn't by the former "king" of the e-mu series... Huh
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 05:36:37 AM by micromoog » Logged
esynthesist
E-mu Software God

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2010, 02:30:10 PM »

It's probably as fine as the Emax implementation, but we just don't have the full specs.
The implementation of the EIII seems to resemble more the EII's protocol than the Emax protocol.
A kind of non-sysex EII protocol converted into a SYSEX sausage  Smiley
But I'm not sure.

micromoog

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2010, 04:22:19 PM »

i made last night a "trial/error-EIII sysex remote" with the c-lab creator -ok, it is very dilettantish, but it works Smiley

There were a lot of problems - it will be sure peannuts if there were a "nice" spec:
I recorded the handling of the mac EIII Remote into Creator

1. Data slider: EIII Slider provides 256 steps, the sysex is divided in two strings, now i've to use two vituel-sliders to make the whole slider way (the first one makes the first 50% 0...127, the secend one the last 50% 0...127)

2. If you choose a submodul like Analog...->VCF... there a three display pages, the cursor is normally at the last used parameter position.
To get every Parameter exactly, i've done these...for example VCF Decay at the third page:

[Analog..]
[VCF] nobody knows where the cursor position is
[<] if you're at page 3 it will go to 2
[<] and then 1, if already 1 it doesn't matter
[^] Curser up to cut off
[>] go to page 2
[>] go to page 3 - still don't know the exact cursor position
[^] now 5 times cursor up to VCF Attack, doesn't matter if you're already there,
[^] but maybe it is on VCF Release
[^] ..
[^] ..
[^] here i'm sure at VCF Attack
[V] now going to VCF Hold
[V] BINGO: Here is VCF DECAY

For VCF Q it needs only

[Analog..]
[VCF] but nobody still knows where the cursor position is
[<] if page 3 it will go to 2
[<] page 1
[^] Curser up to cut off
[V] BINGO: Q

For all steps it needs a [F0......F7] string, don't know how to create a sounddiver application, for Doepfer Regelwerk or Drehbank these are to much strings.

now i've for my most importent parameter a short midi-sequence (edited to two quarter notes long) with the remote string, each parameter has it's own track.

To use the remote i select the (parameter)track and play it solo, then i can use my two virtuel sliders or the original EIII-slider to adjust the amount.

It's faster then EIII frontpanel programming!!!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 05:06:02 PM by micromoog » Logged
micromoog

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2010, 04:04:43 PM »

Can't believe it, but the first section works

Microsoft Excel remotes Emulator III

with absolut newbie-vba-knowledge, the solution is very simple and also very dilettantish.
At the moment it is only DIRECT PARAMETER ACCESS, the values still have to be set with the EIII-Data-Slider or +/-
Next time i will add VCA and others.

It makes really fun!

...will be continued...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 04:21:22 PM by micromoog » Logged
micromoog

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2010, 05:46:45 AM »

EXCEL-Remote:

The next step i've done was to create a "data-slider" simulation.
The problem was, that the slider needs two midi-strings for the 256 slider steps (0..127/..0 & 0...127/..1)
With a simple if..then..routine i divorced the values in seperate strings.
The solution was, to create a midi-file with a vba-macro and write the current "EXCEL-slider string" into.

i don't know what i do but it still works. Smiley

next screenshots comming soon...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 05:50:58 AM by micromoog » Logged
potscrubber

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2010, 06:04:37 PM »

Great work!!!  Keep going!!!  Keep reporting!!!   Grin
ddvdave

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2014, 04:46:49 PM »

I realize this is an old thread. I will create a new thread with the same information, but just wanted to close the loop here:

I heard from Bob Bliss himself (author of the old EIII RC/Librarian) that the Sysex implementation on the EIII was definitely an after-thought and that they did not have room for any more than a simple "terminal emulation" style of Sysex.

That is to say in no uncertain terms: The EIII has NO sysex implementation other than remote control of buttons and sliders. There is no direct access to edit parameters.

I hope to have my EIII remote available for beta testing soon on Mac & Windows using the free MaxPlayer.

-Dave
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - EIII Remote soft - anbody works w/ it?

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines