E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - I have an Old EII

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:14:42 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  I have an Old EII
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I have an Old EII  (Read 3141 times)
salvadoredelle

« on: February 22, 2010, 09:55:40 PM »

So I still have my old EII  It was/is one of the first ones. I used it for years in the studio and stage and with The Grateful Dead for Drums and Space in Concert... I have a giant library of sounds... mostly weird sound design stuff... I did the Twilight Zone TV series Sound Design and some Documentaries as well as some other movie sound tracks and the like with her. It's in storage now, In it's case. Library is at home...

I was thinking of digging her out and getting my sounds off her... I have an Open Labs Neko XXL now and would love to have my old 8 bit sounds... they were great! We recorded a lot of sounds in our studio in San Jose for the E-mu library and the dumb-u-lator too!  the good ole days! I was a Beta Tester foe E-mu Systems for awhile too. Now I am going to be Beta Testing for Open Labs.

I am just saying hello to all you E-II users out there.. can't believe you all exist! Great!

My old E-II has one bad disk drive last time I had her up and running.

I was wondering if any of you may have a suggestion as to the best method for getting these sounds into a format I can use? I was thinking of using MIMIK in my XXL to just suck all the patches into it... MIMIK allows a midi connection to fire off midi notes at different velocities and samples your other keyboards note by note patch by patch. The thing is i have some sounds on disk not laid out in patches so I may miss those... or have to just play them and resample as I go.

I also have some sequences I would like to get off it... the song sequences not sound design those were just triggered sounds  with SMPTE clock running the show.

why would i want to do this??  I dunno... for the memories and funky 8 bit sounds!

Thanks for reading my post! hope to hear from you!

Jeff

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 04:52:36 AM »

Great, Jeff!

It seems you're not familiar with the EMXP freeware tool, written by our fellow E-Synthesist:

http://users.skynet.be/emxp/

Various possibilities of "exporting" EII banks, take a look at it.
And - welcome to this board!!
FairlightCMI

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 04:12:16 PM »

Jeff, welcome to the forum.

After you successfully exported your banks to the Neko, hit me up if you want to get rid of that old EII junk.   Grin

E-MU Emulator II (x2), Emax II Rack
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - I have an Old EII

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines