E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Extender card

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 02:47:11 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Extender card
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Extender card  (Read 3579 times)
Synthtech

« on: April 16, 2008, 04:31:42 PM »

I am tossing up whether to keep my EIII, I really like it, and with a SCSI card reader it would be a tempting thing. Having owned and maintained a Synclavier and a Fairlight CMI, and currently a couple of AMS reverb and delay and a Sony DRE2000 I am well aware of the painfulness of fixing boards that reside in card cages.

I would be happy to keep it if I had an extender card, if I were to make some would anyone else be interested in purchasing one for a reasonable cost?
rokuez
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 04:56:22 PM »

i don't understand what an extender card is?  I'm a little confused? is it something to do with the scsi card reader or deals with the  4 mobos in their little "cage"?

Macbook Pro 2.6 Ghz, 2.3 intel cpu w/ RME Fireface 800 Mackie HR824 s, PC p4 2.3 180 gig hd, 2 gb ram, Emu 1212m adat out 2 the rme, M-Audio Midisport 2x2, & . Atari ST Notator SMPTE Tracker, Yamaha kx88 , E-mu Emulator II, 2 Emu Emulator III rack, Prophet 5 Rev2, Andromeda
Synthtech

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 05:24:49 PM »

Extender cards plug in in place of each card in the cage, and then you plug the Emulator card onto the end of the extender card. It puts the Card outside the cage so that you can work on it. Probably only good for real DIY types.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Extender card

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines