E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - repairing EIII power supply - looking for component

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:54:26 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  repairing EIII power supply - looking for component
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: repairing EIII power supply - looking for component  (Read 4296 times)
dvdborn
Administrator

« on: April 17, 2008, 02:29:05 PM »

A few years ago the power supply from my EIII failed. I was lucky to find a power supply from another EIII as a replacement.

I still have the faulty power supply and would like to repair it. Perhaps someone here can help me out?

The EIII power supply was made by Power-One, type SPL150-S109. At the time I contacted Power-One but they were unable to provide me schematics or help me.

There is only one component that seems to be defective. It looks like a transistor and probably is. On the component it reads: Motorola 21407 8835 K

I've been unable to find this component or the technical specifications of it.

Does anybody know more about this component? Where I can find it? If there's replacement type I could use? ... Any help is appreciated.

David

karlscott

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 11:30:13 PM »

Hello David

The guy you bought your pal chips off of, i asked him if he had any power supplys spare as i presumed since he was selling pal chips he was breaking up a dead EIII but sadly he wasn't but this is what he had to say:

"Hello Karl , no i don't have a power supply , but i think you can find a alternative power supply from one of the several manufacturs like Phihong ,Power-One , Mean Well and other ......Best regards : Ingo"

So give these a try:

http://www.craftec.info/ShowProductsBySupplier.asp?supplier=Phihong&sortId=Powerclass&gclid=CNLhm6X845ICFQFFMAodaBEsxg

http://www.power-one.com/

http://www.meanwell.com/

I suppose it's a start, i'm pretty sure there has to be a alternative power supply out there, i mean the Emax has the same problem, even tho it's different power supply those guys over at Emax yahoo groups they finally found an alternative one...

Hope this helps, even tho i think you might have already visited these sites but it's a start, Karl...
dvdborn
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 11:44:09 PM »

Hi Karl,

An alternative power supply is indeed a good solution. I did visit these sites when I was without a working PSU. But in the end I found an original EIII power supply.

But now I still have the broken one and since I have it I'd like to get it repaired so I have a backup PSU in case I need it.

So, if anyone knows more about the Motorola component I'd love to hear about it.
I did contact Motorola at one point but the person I spoke to couldn't help me out.

David

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - repairing EIII power supply - looking for component

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines