E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Lifetime of CF Cards as drive. (And some hints for the install.)

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:57:46 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Lifetime of CF Cards as drive. (And some hints for the install.)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Lifetime of CF Cards as drive. (And some hints for the install.)  (Read 2565 times)
Twosocks

« on: March 11, 2010, 12:44:58 PM »

After contacting Kingston with some questions, I got a reply, stating:

"please know that we don't support these cards as fixed drives. They are not made to withstand the constant read and write of data so they may wear out prematurely. Plus they may not even be recognized at all as fixed drives because of the controllers which we have no control of. This is true no matter which card you go with being the CF/1GB or the Elite Pro cards."

If anyone wears the card out, please let us know!

At the moment I have the CF upgrade done and it works like a charm. Took me about 3 days to get things figured out.
Used: Acard 7720U Rev:3.1 Firmware 3.85.
SCSI ID 1. (Make sure you get the ID correct!) Also make sure you have no double ID's!! Every ID may only be used once.
Jumpers for termination: Only set the jumper for termination! Don't set the jumper for termination power!
Make sure you backup your system software to at least 2 floppies.

When formatting, there is a hidden menu to set the interleave factor! I have set it to 3.
(See Reference manual 3-18 Disk Utilities, Hard Disk Interleave.)

Card used: Kingston 1GB Elite Pro version. (With the Chameleon on the label.)

Regards,

Peter.

Collector of Vintage gear.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Lifetime of CF Cards as drive. (And some hints for the install.)

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines