E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - help a newbie e3

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:50:36 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  help a newbie e3
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: help a newbie e3  (Read 4367 times)
vegas

« on: March 11, 2010, 05:57:52 PM »

Hi,

Just picked up an e111 keyboard and I guess the hard drive is done cause it asks for floppy to bootup and counts scsi but does not loadup as there is no scsi either.  It looks like the scsi was ripped out (there is an empty box where the female connector usually is)
My question is Where can I get a floppy bootup so I can try this badboy?
Also, any suggestions as to what to do re storage? should I replace internal HD with new drive or is there a more modern approach?
cheers
T
ditabeardmemo

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 11:58:39 AM »

Hi Vegas:

1. I can either mail you a floppy disk that you can use to boot your Emulator III, or I can post a disk image for you. You will need a Windows PC with a built-in floppy drive if you want to copy the disk image to a DS/DD floppy disk yourself.

2. Regarding the internal hard drive, the "modern" solution that many users on this board have implemented is a Compact Flash card in lieu of a SCSI hard drive. The Compact Flash card is connected via a Compact Flash to IDE converter, and an IDE to SCSI converter. There is an extensive discussion about how to install a CF card in your EIII if you search the board.

Be careful: Not all compact flash cards will work properly with an Emulator III, especially modern cards that run at faster speeds. You may need to experiment and try a few different cards before you find one that works.

E-mu Emulator II+ HD, Emulator III 8MB, Emulator III Rack 8 MB, Emax II Turbo Rack 8MB, Emax SE HD Plus Rack, Drumulator; Ensoniq ESQm, SQ-80; Waldorf Microwave Rev. A; Oberheim Xpander; Sequential Circuits Pro One; LinnDrum; Kawai R-100; Moog Voyager RME; Roland Juno 60, SH-101, TR-808, TR-909
vegas

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 08:14:23 AM »

hi, thanks but i just got the os to work from floppy.
Now i have scsi/HD  problems as mentioned on my other post
cheers
T
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 12:58:06 PM »

Hit the bottom of the emu case under the HD
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - help a newbie e3

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines