E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - The power supply

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:58:56 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  The power supply
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The power supply  (Read 4802 times)
dvdborn
Administrator

« on: February 21, 2008, 06:35:49 AM »

At one point my EIII was totally dead. The power supply stopped functioning.

The Power Supply was made by Power-One http://www.power-one.com/, type SPL150-S109. But they have dropped all support for the SPL150-series and refused to provide me details about the power supply.

This is what the technical manual has to say about the power supply: EIII uses a switching power supply. We do not repair these supplies at the factory and do not even have schematics for them.

A technician helped fixing it but we were unable to trace a component, which looks like a transistor and might even be one, labelled Motorola 21407 8835 K. So if anyone knows what this is, please leave a comment.

I was lucky enough to find a second hand EIII power supply, not cheap though, and now my EIII is back up and running.

Here are the voltages from the power supply as described in the technical manual:
Green wire = ground
Orange wire = +12V
Yellow wire = +5V
Black wire = -14.25V to -15.75V
Red wire = +14.25V to +15.75V

Attached is a photo of the internal power cable. As you can see there's also a blue cable which is not described in the technical manual. I can tell that this is also a ground wire.

* EIII_power_cable.jpg (19.5 KB, 581x294 - viewed 1124 times.)

* EIII_power_supply.jpg (81.6 KB, 569x979 - viewed 1188 times.)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - The power supply

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines