E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Tip: No sound output on all ouputs? Try this

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:59:53 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  Tip: No sound output on all ouputs? Try this
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tip: No sound output on all ouputs? Try this  (Read 4279 times)
dvdborn
Administrator

« on: April 25, 2008, 04:05:48 AM »

While getting David Morley's EIII in working condition we stumbled across the following problem.

The EIII wouldn't make any sound. The stereo outputs and also the individual outputs appeared to be dead.
Most of the time when the stereo outputs are dead the individual outputs still work. This time they didn't.

In the end the problem was related to the calibration of the volume slider.

When you go to the re-calibrate menu you can see the current value of the wheels and sliders. The volume slider had the value 000 over the whole range. Ergo, no sound on the outputs when the slider was full up.

Re-calibrating the slider solved the problem.

David

Elmbeatz

Official E-Mu Addict

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 04:40:27 AM »

Things can be so simple sometimes Wink
dlmorley

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 05:17:41 AM »

Things can be so simple sometimes Wink
Yes!
Also on my CMI we tried swapping loads of cards before we changed 1 jumper setting, which solved the problem
Escobar

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 07:23:10 AM »

Got to try that out... I never managed to get any sound from my EIII rack but I haven't tried to solve the problem so much  Embarrassed First time I only got a distorted sound, the samples were playebacked very fast and then the sound died... All outputs including the stereo outputs were numb. I hope this will solve the problem.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 11:27:49 AM by Escobar » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Tip: No sound output on all ouputs? Try this

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines