E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - No stereo output on an EIIIRack for the second time

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:59:54 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EIII Technical Issues / Tips
| | |-+  No stereo output on an EIIIRack for the second time
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: No stereo output on an EIIIRack for the second time  (Read 18473 times)
brian_ronn

« on: April 05, 2010, 08:31:35 AM »

Hi Wizards

The stereo out went dead on my EIIIRack the other day. I researched and found a solution on DVDBorns webpage.

I replaced the yellow relay switch called DSY2YE-S-DC5V and after a little resoldering on the relay I got the stereo output back again.

Today after aproximately 10 minutes of playing the right stereo output went dead. I powered off and powered up again after 2 hours and both left and right stereo output were dead.

If the relay switch is dead again could it be because of a false power from the PSU?

I replaced an outboard patchbay some weeks ago and haven't had the EIIIrack powered on before a couple of nights ago where the stereo output was dead the first time. Is the EIIIRack sensitive with outboard un/plugging from a patchbay?

Any feedback is appriciated.  Embarrassed

Best regards

Brian
Denmark
micromoog

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 08:25:26 PM »

Open the EIII, disconnect the four ribbon cables (A B C D) of the output board, press with two fingers the pins of the male side of the connecters at the pcb a little bit (knock knock: only a  l i t t l e!!!) that it looks like that-> / \ (really a little little bit!!!).
Cleaning the pins before reconnacting can't be wrong.

Reconnact the ribbons, than it should work again.
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 01:40:24 AM »

Why do you hide your f... email adress ?
I had a solution to send to you, with pictures.
brian_ronn

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 06:42:42 AM »

Why do you hide your f... email adress ?
I had a solution to send to you, with pictures.

Hi Dr. C.

Please do post me your solution to the lack of stereo output on the EIIIrack. Either here on this thread or at my e-mail: brian_ronn [at] yahoo.dk

Best regards

Brian
midipuppies

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 07:34:25 AM »

Hi Brian, I think I know the solution he was thinking of. Before I point you that way, do you get sound from the individual outs? If so I am pretty sure it is the same issue I have had in the past. It's a simple fix.
Let me know about those outputs.

Jay

The problem is not the problem.
Your attitude toward the problem is the problem.
brian_ronn

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 12:37:47 PM »

Hi Brian, I think I know the solution he was thinking of. Before I point you that way, do you get sound from the individual outs? If so I am pretty sure it is the same issue I have had in the past. It's a simple fix.
Let me know about those outputs.

Jay

Hi Jay

Yes I do have sounds from the individual outputs. It's only the stereo output which is silent.

As you might have read earlier in this thread I've replaced the yellow relay switch that bring back the stereo output for a short while.

Do you have a solution to this problem?

Best regards

Brian
midipuppies

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 04:46:13 PM »

It's a real simple fix Brian.
Splice into one of the yellow power supply wires that run into the top of the card cage: IE, make a three way splice there.
Run out of that splice over to the jack board and locate IC3. Solder your spliced power wire to pin 8 on IC3 and you should be golden.
Good luck!

The problem is not the problem.
Your attitude toward the problem is the problem.
brian_ronn

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 01:15:00 PM »

Hi Jay

Thank you for the solution. I'll look into this in a while.

Do you know what cause the stereo output problem in the first place?

Best regards

Brian
Denmark
Zomnius

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 01:32:14 PM »

hey Guys, I experienced the same today. My EIII was working superb, playing the arco strings preset, i went to put the kids to bed, came back and my 2 stereo outs were gone....very far in the background an very soft i could hear them. after restarting (and waiting lots of seconds to give the psu a fair time) the outputs were still gone, and i could read also a fault/error in my screen (see my facebook page on zom nius) any more tips?

The soldering tip, sounds nice, but i havent't got the tech manual, anyone?

thx.

Z.
dr.c
E-mu Doctor

I'm a hot dog !

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2016, 10:54:52 PM »

Hi; I dont find the the pics right now. I will have to dig far into archives.

Anyway, FORGET everything these idiots told you, like "any" power supply cable, etc...

There are four flat cables, "A" to "D", the "A" brings the supply to the relay.
NEVER intervert them, NEVER
The connector is becoming faulty, so the power to the relay must be brought by another way.

I don't find the pics right now, I don't know where they are, its just such a mess here.

Can you make a picture of the relay (top view) with the surroundings (one inch around) and send it to me ?

Dr.C
rectape

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2018, 02:14:05 PM »

Hi Dr C

I?m having the same output problem right now.......

Please help me.

Is it a simple fix or do I have to go to the technician?

Thanks
Stephencl

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2018, 02:21:55 PM »

Me too. Same day, worked fine two days ago. I put a new OLED into my eiii keyboard last night. Went to play it today, and the right side of the stereo out is just noise.

Crazy.
rectape

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2018, 02:29:34 PM »

For me it was after puting a cf card reader in place of the floppy disk... Undecided
Stephencl

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2018, 02:37:58 PM »

It's very interesting that the four connecting cables on my output card are much newer than my other cabling, but also interesting is the silicon sealant that someone tried to use to keep the cables seated.

I need to find a permanent solution.

Stephen
rectape

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2018, 04:27:58 AM »

I saw an old thread in this forum with someone who trimmed the 5v rail on the psu and it solve his stereo out problem.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - No stereo output on an EIIIRack for the second time

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines