E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator II Sampler - Sampled in Kontakt!!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:23:17 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Problems registering? Send an email to: EIII @ telenet.be (without the spaces)

+  E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP
|-+  General Category
| |-+  EII General Discussion
| | |-+  Emulator II Sampler - Sampled in Kontakt!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Emulator II Sampler - Sampled in Kontakt!!  (Read 3389 times)
HideawayStudio

Hideaway Studio

« on: April 16, 2010, 01:50:41 PM »

Despite having restored my E-mu Emulator II last year having imported it from the US I've not really had a chance to use this beast much.   On realising that so many seem to be intent on digitally transferring the EII's libraries directly I decided to make some samples directly from the beast's mix output in order to save some of the magic that is the EII's unusual sample/companding/analog filter/audio path.

Thanks to it's SSM analog filters and great modulation capabilities the EII makes quite a nice synth and a great vintage sampler.   Yes it's loaded with shortcomings but as is often the case these somehow make it all the more special.

The following is the infamous EII Bosendorfer Piano used in countless pop and dance tracks of the 80's and early 90's.  It's not a modern super realistic rendition - but definitely works well with some musical styles.

I put together a multisample in Kontakt for those who want to have a play:

An EII Classic Sampled Directly from the EII's Mix Output (In Kontakt):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/s2gkvm

The EII Dwarfs Most Keyboard Synths!

EII+, EIIIXP, EMAX II Turbo.  Electronic Design Engineer and Collector/Restorer of Vintage Music Gear
Drone

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 01:50:55 PM »

hey cool, I'll definitely check this out !
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

E-mu Emulator Sampler User Forum for the EIII EII EI and EIII XP - Emulator II Sampler - Sampled in Kontakt!!

SEO light theme by © Mustang forums. Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines